#1 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Does anyone have any experience with this new knife from Steel Will https://steelwillkni...ck-c22-1od.html ?

I saw a review on line and the performance and price point is making me think I will give it a shot.

I carry a Benchmade Griptilian when I am in the outdoors (along with a Mora Bushcraft Black when hunting or fishing) and the light weight and grip on this knife is attractive.  I would prefer a different locking mechanism other than a linerlock, although I have carried a Boker Subcom for over a decade and have never had an issue with their linerlock.

I will report back if I end up buying it.

#2 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the link, never heard of that brand, but I really like what I see in that knife. Looks like a well built knife with premium quality, so that's always good.

I think a liner lock is fine as long as you don't baton with it, which by most standards people agree you wouldn't or should highly avoid a task as such with a folder unless on small limbs or something.

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#3 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

If you order one doi it from Knife Center, it's cheaper https://www.knifecen...een-frn-handles.
Meanwhile, I am so incredibly frustrated because when I tried to order one from them today I received a notice from them apologizing but they are prohibited from shipping locking folding knives to my city. My City is beyond absurd. I need to move.
I agree with you on linerlocks and batoning.
By the way, this is a detailed review of the knife and how I came to learn about it

#4 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

not the same knife but same company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVNb83JSiQ

not bad knives, the steel is a little skimpy though 

#5 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:07 AM

I finally got my hands on this knife and I am very happy with it.  There are so many pricey knives out there, it was nice to be able to buy a high quality knife for under $50.  

This is just a simple, solid knife, shaving sharp out of the box, fits nicely in your hand, the pattern on the handle makes it feel secure even if your hands are wet.  The width of the blade is nice and I like the flipper deployment, I don't own another knife with that.  It is also very light weight, thin and sits deep in your pocket with the clip.

This is not a knife I am allowed to carry in my City.  I use it as an all around knife to carry in the outdoors at a house I have in another state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users