4 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Looking to see everyone's personal experiences with the different knife manufacturers. 

I have dealt with and heard of many stories of people who have dealt with Benchmade and received excellent customer service. I really like how they have inexpensive blade replacements, and also will replace for free small parts, such as screws and washers. 

I have heard horror stories of Spyderco, and because of this, I have been reluctant to buy anything Spyderco. 

The only other company I have heard good things about is Kershaw. 

So I'm curious, please share your customer service experiences and opinions here to help someone in their knife buying adventure. 

#2 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

I have a Kershaw Leek. It has a nylon blade lock, which when I dropped the knife (a couple times) on the flipper it bent the brake out of place. I called Kershaw and they offered to fix it or send me the parts. I opted for the latter. The second time they sent me a bag hwith 8 sets of fixes. Once, when I was really lazy, I let a friend with a knife sharpening business at the knife. Thought maybe he could do a better job than me. He took the nice point off the blade because he said it looked dangerous. (Bangs head against wall...) So now I can't lock it and the blade won't do all the things it did before. I called Kershaw for a new blade quote and was told to send it in for a free replacement. I explained what happened, said it wan't their fault, and the reply was, "Send it in. It's a Kershaw and it's guaranteed, no matter what." Holy crap! Turn around time was lightning fast as well.

I have a couple old Gerber's as well that need some TLC. The folks I talked with were really nice and said to send in the knives and they'd see what they can do. Haven't done it yet, but I was pleased with the phone call. 

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

That's awesome to hear, and is surprising for Kershaw a bit just because of the price difference between most Kershaws and a Benchmade

#4 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

I have had good customer service from Spyderco. Had a clip on an older Endura bend and break. They replaced the knife with an apology. That was in the 1990's. My son has dealt with Spyderco for the last ten years and has had a good experience with them.

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#5 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Mike Blum, 

You have given me a sense of renewed faith in Spyderco. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Customer Service, Benchmade, Spyderco, kershaw, Knife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users