2 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Looking to see everyone's personal experiences with the different knife manufacturers. 

I have dealt with and heard of many stories of people who have dealt with Benchmade and received excellent customer service. I really like how they have inexpensive blade replacements, and also will replace for free small parts, such as screws and washers. 

I have heard horror stories of Spyderco, and because of this, I have been reluctant to buy anything Spyderco. 

The only other company I have heard good things about is Kershaw. 

So I'm curious, please share your customer service experiences and opinions here to help someone in their knife buying adventure. 

Traveling East

#2 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

I have a Kershaw Leek. It has a nylon blade lock, which when I dropped the knife (a couple times) on the flipper it bent the brake out of place. I called Kershaw and they offered to fix it or send me the parts. I opted for the latter. The second time they sent me a bag hwith 8 sets of fixes. Once, when I was really lazy, I let a friend with a knife sharpening business at the knife. Thought maybe he could do a better job than me. He took the nice point off the blade because he said it looked dangerous. (Bangs head against wall...) So now I can't lock it and the blade won't do all the things it did before. I called Kershaw for a new blade quote and was told to send it in for a free replacement. I explained what happened, said it wan't their fault, and the reply was, "Send it in. It's a Kershaw and it's guaranteed, no matter what." Holy crap! Turn around time was lightning fast as well.

I have a couple old Gerber's as well that need some TLC. The folks I talked with were really nice and said to send in the knives and they'd see what they can do. Haven't done it yet, but I was pleased with the phone call. 

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

That's awesome to hear, and is surprising for Kershaw a bit just because of the price difference between most Kershaws and a Benchmade

Traveling East

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Customer Service, Benchmade, Spyderco, kershaw, Knife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users