INTERESTING CARRY TECHNIQUES

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dane

Dane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone have any interesting location or style that they like to carry their knives?  I like to carry full tang but I feel like the standard method i.e. the on the belt is to obvious and also takes a little longer to retrieve than I would like.  Thats why I always carry and if necessary modify to be carried in the pocket protruding above the top of it.  This allows me to still conceal it under my shirt but doesn't cover it so much that you have to fumble with your shirt to draw it. 

You can see on the SOG that I ground down and modified a KABAR clip to be attached.  That model comes standard with a nylon belt loop that looks and performs like shit.  Post pictures of however you carry.

Attached Files

#2 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Small knife deep carry is the most comfortable, non-threatening way to go for me.  I don't find myself fumbling around to reach and use my pocket knives.  

Here are some examples...

i-4Q5NW47-L.jpg

i-xn7MN27-L.jpg

I have a small folder knife with a leather sheath I've carried briefly and it's ok.

i-FnshbDC-L.jpg

i-TPpn4s7-L.jpg

Or at times I just like a small slip joint gent pocket knife that fits the small pocket of my pants...

i-M8DRJTK-L.jpg

i-S2j25cg-L.jpg

Standard multi tool sheath carry...

i-B5TPWBR-L.jpg

i-rpjkPLn-L.jpg

Medium folder with deep carry clip...

i-DnpwrGt-L.jpg

i-c9Jjxb9-L.jpg

#3 Dane

Dane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Not a bad way to go, what is that blue Kershaw I like that one.

#4 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

Kershaw Link with S35VN.

#5 Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBetween Ferguson and a radioactive landfill fire. No, really.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

I've sometimes found it useful to slide my folding knife into the top of my boot, if I need the pocket space for other items. Of course, you may feel funny when you pull a knife from there, instead of more casually withdrawing it from a pocket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users