10 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

I finally purchased a Mini Grip its on its way and I should have it within the week. I hope it lives up to everything I have heard about it. I am a big fan and user of the Rat 1 and 2 just because of the price and I beat my knives up pretty good. Anyone please submit your comments and your opinions and thoughts on this.

#2 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

Good pick for a budget Benchmade, I don't own a mini grip, but it's a decent knife. I carry both the full sized barrage and the Nimravus fixed blade. At this point I don't really consider any of the other knife manufacturers
You're probably going to be like coldwater and myself, once you make the Benchmade leap, you probably won't carry anything else.
  • coldwater and Ron like this
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#3 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

You will not be disappointed with it. The grip, both full size and mini, are fantastic knives. BM has actually moved the once lower tier grip, up in the rotation, and they are full on Benchmades with the usual fit and finish. 

• Ron likes this

#4 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Good pick for a budget Benchmade, I don't own a mini grip, but it's a decent knife. I carry both the full sized barrage and the Nimravus fixed blade. At this point I don't really consider any of the other knife manufacturers
You're probably going to be like coldwater and myself, once you make the Benchmade leap, you probably won't carry anything else.

In all reality, there is simply no reason to look beyond the Benchmade when it comes to blades of any type. You can spend more money but you will not get a better knife. 

• Ron likes this

#5 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

So many knives at that price range that are pretty decent just depends on your style preference or locking system.  

Benchmade Mini Grip

i-r76kzCf-L.jpg

Spyderco Delica 

i-v6QjZDn-L.jpg

...and variants...

i-6mzD53h-L.jpg

the very affordable Ontario RAT II...

i-NVtj932-L.jpg

Kershaw Leek

i-3BwkpG5-L.jpg

Cold Steel Recon 1

i-33JhzTz-L.jpg

CRKT Heiho

i-xnNV2SK-L.jpg

Kershaw Knockout

i-cf6GmfL-L.jpg

For a little extra more perhaps...

Spyderco Sage

i-nVN7H6S-L.jpg

Kershaw Echelon

i-Nj6N4mz-L.jpg

~v~

• Ron likes this

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

I am trying to go USA made from this point forward. I have many US made Buck knives and one Case Trapper but I wanted my EDC to be US made also,it's currently a Ontario Rat 2 ( excellent knife for the money). As a long haul trucker in between Canada and the US I have always tried to buy North Amarican made products as often as possible.

#7 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

The Benchmade Mini Grip has been delivered. I have not used it much but am seriously impressed. I now understand why so many recommended this knife.

Attached Files

#8 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

The Benchmade Mini Grip has been delivered. I have not used it much but am seriously impressed. I now understand why so many recommended this knife.

Another Benchmade customer is born! Wait till you try one of their other blue class blades. 

• Ron likes this

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Coldwater what do you recommend my next Benchmade be?

#10 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Coldwater what do you recommend my next Benchmade be?

I have a few favorites. My absolute best knife was a gift from my daughter. It's the discontinued Bone Collector. I rarely even carry it. 

My next favorite is the 300 "flipper" I love the knife but wasn't a fan of the flipper, so I modified it in the shop. A great size, super blade design, and the operation is like oiled silk. It's almost always with me. 

After that, my other rotation knife is the larger 665 first production. I'm not sure it's in production any longer.

For a good every day workmans pocket knife, I would have to recommend the 300 flipper. It really is a sweet knife.

• Ron likes this

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can find. Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users