1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt N.

Matt N.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Hi All -

I'm an avid long-time reader of this forum (first time poster) and am grateful for the many posts, advice and ideas I've come across in the past 5+ years which has now developed into my hobby and passion.

Over the years, I have spent countless hours on this forum, watching videos etc to learn as much as I could in order to assemble the best EDC backpack I could. Every bag has its own purpose and this is not a bug-out-bag nor is it intended to be. My goal in creating this backpack was to have a nice professional looking backpack to bring into the office that could double as a survival bag in case of emergency or disaster.

I also travel a lot for my job so it was a requirement to make it TSA compliant. In order to solve this issue, I created a separate module that contains all the non-compliant items so that when you fly all you have to do is remove one module pack from you backpack. 

When I recently showed my friend my EDC bag he told me I should assemble and sell them. I'm not quite as optimistic as my buddy that this will take off, but at the very least I'd like to share my ideas with the EDC forum and community.  I took  pictures and created a new Kickstarter campaign to see if there would be any interest in one of my pre-assembled modular EDC WorkBags.

I owe a lot of this community and wanted to ask for any feedback, opinions, items I'm missing, or even items are unnecessary and just adding weight. I'm always looking to improve my pack.. I am still working on creating a list of all items in each module and pack and will post that shortly. A video showcasing all the items in my various modules and bag configurations is also in the works and will be posted soon. 

My goal through this Kickstarter is at the very least give some ideas, motivate someone to create their own unique bag, or if I'm lucky, even turn this into a small business one day. I posted my Kickstarter campain on the for sale forum and you can visit it via this link:

https://www.kickstar...cal-edc-workbag

I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve my work product and we have a great community nd support! Thanks for any feedback and let me know if any questions.

Attached File  IMG_3756.jpg   110.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3724.jpg   91.59KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3720.jpg   91.79KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3734.jpg   100.18KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3733.jpg   88.38KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3759.jpg   172.76KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3770.jpg   152.25KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3774.jpg   169.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3776.jpg   110.91KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3780.jpg   213.22KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3795.jpg   105.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3828.jpg   201.9KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3848.jpg   172.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3851.jpg   138.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3857.jpg   185.25KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3757.jpg   120.97KB   0 downloads

#2 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

5 knives plus a multi tool? Cut way back on the redundancy. This is a work bag for EDC and possible disaster. Only a "knife guy" is going to carry that many knives and chances are they already have a collection. This will also lower the price and increase sales.

Maybe a basic kit with add-ons?

Knife and tools

rain cover and umbrella 

lunch kit - container, utensils, small condiment containers

phone recharging (choice of android or iphone) - solar, battery, cables and ac adapters

water kit - 4 way silcock key, water bottle, water tablets

first aid module

building evac kit - small axe, firehood, flashlight, mask, goggles, rope and gloves

Do a few submissions so we know what is in the kit. I see a tube with BG on it - is that a flashlight or a match holder?

Mount the solar panel on the pack so it's always charging the battery pack.

Shoot for the bag being half full.

Don't include food in the kit. If someone wants to add 3 days worth of food for an 8 hour walk home that's their business. There was a big fat guy on youtube that had days of food in his get home bag for a few hours of walking.

Include a reusable shopping bag with your company logo on it (make it tasteful and not loud and bright)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, BACKPACK, TACTICAL, PROFESSIONAL, URBAN, SURVIVAL, TECH, TECHNOLOGY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users