pens bullet pen sharpie notebook

8 replies to this topic

#1 EDCLogan

EDCLogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

I have been carrying a Fisher Space Bullet Pen for nearly a year now and absolutely love it for its portability and use with my pocket notebook. As of a few days ago, I picked up a Stainless Steel Sharpie and I love that as well but it serves a different purpose because I use it with a larger notebook that I keep on my desk for more detailed writing.

My question lies in this: How do you guys use your multiple pens in your EDC? I see many people on here who carry upwards of 5 to 10 pens at a time; some on their person, some in a bag. I have yet to see an explanation on why those people carry that many pens at once. 

#2 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

For myself, I carry a Fisher Space Pen (the clicker model), an also a regular size sharpie. I keep the pen for regular writing I do, mainly filling out check sheets at work and shipping paper work, where as the sharpie gets used for when I need to mark boxes or items of importance that I need to go back later and put a tag on. 

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#3 Steve Cook

Steve Cook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sometimes I carry several fountain pens with different inks that are appropriate different projects. Sometimes style, color, design come into play, and it's nice to have some options on the fly.

"There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth, only crew"....Marshall McLuhan

#4 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:41 AM

I have exactly two pen slots in my laptop bag so I guess that's a good way to ensure I have a backup, but for my normal EDC pouch I only carry one. Other than being a requirement of the right pen for a specific task, for me personally I carry multiple pens because I don't use them often and they're there in case of backup in case one or the other dries up.

#5 Caravan-Designs

Caravan-Designs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

I usually carry two pens, one smaller and one larger. I have a Robrasim leather wallet that is roughly the same size of the Fischer Bullet Space Pen. I usually carry the bullet inside my wallet with a small sheet of paper for random note taking. If I'm sitting in a meeting or something where I need to be writing for a longer time, I usually use the pen in my pocket. That pen usually changes from day to day depending on what I'm feeling lol. Also usually have a mechanical pencil in my backpack just in case. Has come in useful on several occasions. 

#6 Sascha Erni

Sascha Erni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:05 PM

I usually carry three pens, sometimes four. The first one is a Faber-Castell I keep in a Bellroy notebook sleeve at all times. I pretty much always have that combination on me unless I'm sleeping. Reason: fits the Bellroy perfectly due to girth and clip position, large ink tank, looks nice. That's used mostly for quick notes and interviews.

Second one is a Caran d’Ache fountain pen that resides with my desktop work journal. I enjoy writing with fountain pens but they aren’t really practical in the field. I pack it when I need to talk to more traditionally-minded people. Lessens friction, but can be a conversation opener for pretty much everybody. I have forgotten how often I’ve heard “oh, you still use one of those things?” at the beginning of an interview even with 20 years old protesters, which breaks the ice nicely.

Third and fourth ones are my backups, Caran d’Ache 849 ballpoint pens. Those are like the baseline, I don’t use any other replacement pens to the ones mentioned above if I can help it. Realistically, I should probably drop both the fountain pen and the Faber-Castell ballpoint for more 849. Inexpensive (here in Switzerland), and you could probably hack yourself out of a prison made of ice blocks, then keep on writing, then stab your dinner, then write some, then clean out an air duct or something, then write some more. Exceptional pens.

I’m a reporter, so yeah, I need pens around me at all times. I probably could do my job with only 849s easily, but I like to have tone-up, tone-down options with the other pens. It’s what sometimes makes or breaks a job. For the Zombie apocalypse, though, I’d probably pack six 849. You could even pitch a tent with those things.

#7 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:47 PM

I hate having to look or dig for a pen when I need one. So, I carry two with notebooks (different color ink to distinguish between notes), one in the bag, and usually one in the pocket of my jeans. Yes, it is overkill, but I never have to scramble or dig for a pen when I need one (which, in education, happens quite often). 

#8 Plathon P Watson

Plathon P Watson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

I carry three Fisher Space Pens on me, the Clutch, ZGMB, and the bullet Space Pen in a Field Notes cover. I have at least three other pens and a pencil in a carry bag. Since I was active duty military I have always carried an extra pen on my person should one fail to write.

#9 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:36 AM

I have 2 pens I rotate.

Zebra F-701- Very budget friendly, All metal, writes great and can be used as a emergency self defense tool

Skillcraft B3 aviator- I use this one because sometimes at work I need different color ink and don't want to carry multiple pens/pencils.  This pen is super slim, and light. It is actually 2 pens and a mechanical pencil with and eraser all in one. My major issue with this pen is the black finish can rub off over time, or scratch and it looks to be a brass colored metal underneath. The Clip for this pen is also very thin and light, so it can bend easy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, bullet pen, sharpie, notebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users