pens bullet pen sharpie notebook

3 replies to this topic

#1 EDCLogan

EDCLogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

I have been carrying a Fisher Space Bullet Pen for nearly a year now and absolutely love it for its portability and use with my pocket notebook. As of a few days ago, I picked up a Stainless Steel Sharpie and I love that as well but it serves a different purpose because I use it with a larger notebook that I keep on my desk for more detailed writing.

My question lies in this: How do you guys use your multiple pens in your EDC? I see many people on here who carry upwards of 5 to 10 pens at a time; some on their person, some in a bag. I have yet to see an explanation on why those people carry that many pens at once. 

#2 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

For myself, I carry a Fisher Space Pen (the clicker model), an also a regular size sharpie. I keep the pen for regular writing I do, mainly filling out check sheets at work and shipping paper work, where as the sharpie gets used for when I need to mark boxes or items of importance that I need to go back later and put a tag on. 

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#3 Steve Cook

Steve Cook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sometimes I carry several fountain pens with different inks that are appropriate different projects. Sometimes style, color, design come into play, and it's nice to have some options on the fly.

"There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth, only crew"....Marshall McLuhan

#4 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1050 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:41 AM

I have exactly two pen slots in my laptop bag so I guess that's a good way to ensure I have a backup, but for my normal EDC pouch I only carry one. Other than being a requirement of the right pen for a specific task, for me personally I carry multiple pens because I don't use them often and they're there in case of backup in case one or the other dries up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, bullet pen, sharpie, notebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users