Mechanic EDC knife

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys. I just joined and had a question specific to my job. I've been looking around for a knife around three inches with a clip that won't scratch car paint easily. I have a kershaw blur that I love but has a metal clip and I'm hesitant to carry it as I don't want to scratch a customer car. I have an old crappy schrade that has a plastic clip that I carry now but I'm not satisfied with its quality. The main option I'm considering is spiderco's wire clip but looking for opinions. Not trying to spend a bunch on a knife that might go missing while laying under a dash and forgotten about. Thanks guys!

#2 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Pro tip,

Take off your pocket clip and Plasti dip spray it in a cool color, which will prevent scratching!

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#3 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

I've tried that but getting on the ground under cars tends to tear it up quick. I heated shrink wrap tubing around it and that worked great but didn't last much longer. Looking for a more permanent solution. Thanks though!

#4 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

I dont have a very high opinion of the spyderco wire clips; I've seen multiple fall off, but that was also due to the screw constantly coming loose. If you go that route, definitely throw some lock tight in there

Traveling East

#5 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Okay well I am sorry to hear that you have tried to cover the pocket clip and it has failed. Are you sold on using the clip? You could remove a pocket clip from a knife and run a nice para-cord lanyard out of the top of your pocket. I feel like from what you are telling me, that would be your best option This Knife  is one I have recently been rocking and I highly recommend it if you like a good sized blade. Lucky for you it had a good size lanyard hole and is incredibly affordable! 

#6 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

So you're just putting a paracord lanyard on it and letting that part hang out? I may try it to see how it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users