3 replies to this topic

#1 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

What watch/watches are on your "grail" list? This may change over time. Right now, mine is a vintage Rolex Datejust 1601 with a gold fluted bezel (picture pulled from Google search). 

Attached Files

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

I don't really like high end watches very much. My lifestyle isn't conducive to to owning a fancy time piece. Outside of that, My usual go to is a Luminox, and own several of them. I recently bought a G-Shock steel, and a couple months ago, I picked up an MTM that I kill very much. I rotate out most of my watches, and don't really have a "holy Grail" watch. My G shock is a work unit and goes with me on the boat. Mt MTM and 2 other Luminox watches are me Sunday go to meetin watches, and the others just pop up from the to time. I also have a pretty expensive Tag that I haven't worn in years. I just don't like it. 

#3 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

"Grail" watch doesn't have to be a Rolex or Patek. A G-Shock steel can be someone's grail watch just like a Rolex can be someone else's. It's that watch you would love to have someday, are saving for, but do not yet own.

#4 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

The absolute best watch I have found to date is the Casio Wave Ceptor Solar Watch, Japanese model WVA-M630TDE-1AJF.

This watch is amazing! It has a soft-feeling titanium band and case (Japanese version only), it's solar powered so never needs a battery, it's fully automatic -- getting it's time from the national time service, it's waterproof to 50 meters (so unless you are a real diver, that's plenty), it's lightweight, has a backlight AND phosphorescent indicators, it has an at-a-glance watch face for quick and easy time-telling, it's easy to use and has lots of functions. The best thing is that the hands are precisely aligned to the tick marks, and they are all completely in-sync. So when the second hand moves to the 12 position, the minute hand advances precisely to the next minute. Actually, the minute hand moves a tiny bit for every 10 seconds of second hand movement.

The band has a secure mechanical lock that's a pleasure to use, and the it's also easy to adjust with a small plastic tool (included) that makes it simple to add and remove links.

When I first pulled it out of the box, it was so cool to watch the hands automatically swing to the exact time!

Could this be the perfect watch? It's definitely the closest I've ever encountered.

I can not recommend this watch enough. All my other watches have been getting a well deserved rest lately.

Not always easy to find, but here is a link to the watch on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51hvkwgb8%2BL.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users