High school backpack recommendations?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

I need to find a good edc bag for high school so that I can try and build a high school edc since there are none really out there. I was maybe thinking about the 5.11 rush 24 to last me through high school and college cause I need it to last. Any pack that are cheap and amazing would help since being I am gonna be a freshman this year I don't have a lot of money. Any other ideas for a high school edc would be helpful but it's pretty hard with the no knife thing.

#2 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

Chrome and Timbuk2 will last you a lifetime. If you want something that not everyone else has, then look at Rickshaw, Mission Workshop (pricey), ReLoad, Hershal (becoming more popular now), or Buck Products. The tactical packs like 5.11 look and function great for their intended purpose (tactical, rugged), but these other companies I mentioned are going to give you a more versatile look through high school and college and beyond. My personal picks: Chrome Hondo or Timbuk2 Uptown. Also can't go wrong with a standard Chrome or Timbuk2 messenger bag (what I used most often in college). 

#3 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I'll definitely have to look I guess I just like the tactical look and really don't care if people judge me for it as long I have everything I want for my edc in bag that I can take to school. Really I just need to decide I guess on something that works, lasts, and isn't too expensive. Man I love these forums there are some awesome people on here and I have gotten a lot of good ideas.

#4 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

You may want to check out Direct Action. They have good quality packs (backpack and messenger) for the price. The laser cut MOLLE webbing offers the same functionality you would expect from traditional, but with a more refined/cleaner look. I use them for my 72hr./emergency kit bags and love them.

#5 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

OK, The Narrow Gent thanks for the suggestions. Since it is my birthday tomorrow I have been looking and I think I like the Timbuk2 Uptown backpack it's just I am not entirely sure if I can fit school supplies in it. Do you have one to test on or see if it could hold several binders in the main compartment because I am not entirely sure and there is nothing really on it if it can. The reviews on Amazon are kinda conflicting. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the suggestions in the first place.

#6 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:08 PM

I do not currently own one, but I do and have owned similarly sized bags (30L). However, I used them for college and not high school. Unfortunately, I cannot say whether or not it will hold several binders plus laptop and other items since it is 6.5" in depth; depends heavily on the size/depth of each item. Best I can say is that if you cannot fit everything, than you could look to consolidate what you carry and/or utilize school lockers more. Not sure that helps you at all, but hope it does. Good luck, and happy birthday.

#7 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for replying. Like you said it is more stylish and less rugged and tactical looking and I love traveling just the problem is some of the lockers are really small but we will see. Because I don't want too heavy of a backpack I just think seeing it and feeling it out in person will help. I am trying to go see it in person and see about what it can fit and see what I need for school so I can try to make an edc for high school since there isn't much out there and hopefully I can make a good one. I mean I looked up edc high school backpacks and I found my own thread aka this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users