2 replies to this topic

#1 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

We had an odd job at the shop that required a build out of mahogany, and I snagged the cut offs and tails to make a couple of humidors. This one, and a bigger one that I think will become a pistol display case. They took me about a weeks worth of spare time to figure out and build. I'm NOT a finish guy by any means, but I think it came pretty good. The other big case is in a darker color. The damned Spanish cedar I use bled out on me, so I'll have to make new liners. Kind of pissed me off. I morticed out for the hinges thinking we had a few in stock, but we didn't,  so I have to order them still.. 

unnamed_zps1ffsa9us.jpg

unnamed_zpsi8jmhqhi.jpg

unnamed_zpsug21hns7.jpg

unnamed_zpsjo39nuoc.jpg

#2 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Very nice dovetails, man. Im a cigar guy also, but I've never tried to make a humidor yet. Also, my woodworking skills aint on that level yet. 

• coldwater likes this

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#3 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Very nice dovetails, man. Im a cigar guy also, but I've never tried to make a humidor yet. Also, my woodworking skills aint on that level yet. 

Thank you. I'm a wood worker by trade and have a lot of nice machine toys available to me, so it's not too awful hard to make. Still pissed at the cedar bleed. 

• KlaudeMarks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users