Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Titanium bottle opener that attaches to your key kickstarter!

BOTTLE OPENER EDC TACTICAL

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby Krieger

Bobby Krieger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hey Guys Im looking for some feed back on my Kickstarter I just launched. As a member of the EDC community I wanted to improve my carry and created utility out of my key, so I made a bottle opener that cut bulk, was compact and had room for engraving. I want to find the best way to bring this to spot light but Im having a hard time getting into peoples eyes. any advice? please check it out and tell me what you think! 

http://kck.st/2sOab0r    

Attached Files

#2 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hello, I think that this is an interesting idea. I understand that there are many benefits to increasing the utility of items. Your item attempts to do that by essentially utilizing your key as a bottle opener. Of course the average person carries a key anyways so why not use this necessity for another task as well. I say all of this as a person who appreciates items with multiple uses. I also say this as a person who on average carries two to three bottle openers, not because I need to open multiple bottles at once but simply because I carry items that fulfill multiple uses including opening bottles. I only have two concerns with this idea. One is that the added length of the key might be slightly troublesome, as it has the potential to snag on things including pockets. My second concern is less universal. Obviously, the shape of your bottle opener prevents this key from being added into most types of key organizers like the one I use. Of course I say this not to discourage you, as I do think that this is useful development and plan on participating and hopefully finding a use on perhaps an extra key that didn't properly have a place anyhow. These are simply my honest opinions.

Best of luck.

#3 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

If you look through the submissions you will see most already carry 2 bottle openers at a minimum.

I saw one post just this week where the guy had 4 on his keychain (two on Nite Ize binder) and 2 prytools. Pretty sure he only had 8 items in his EDC.

I bet some have 5 or 6 on a daily bases.

The market is flooded with cap lifters and pry bars.

#4 justaguy

justaguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

I applaud your creativity and desire to improve your personal carry.  Every time I see a new bottle-opener I chuckle because I can't help but think of bottle-openers as the EDC equivalent to email in "Zawinski's law."  

(From Wikipedia) Zawinski's law of software envelopment (also known as Zawinski's law) comment on the phenomenon of software bloating with popular features: Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BOTTLE OPENER, EDC, TACTICAL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users