5.11 rush 24 vs 5.11 rush 12 for high school

3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

I was wondering if anyone had some advice on whether I should get the rush 24 or the rush 12 for high school and later on. The reason I'm wondering is it because I've seen reviews where the rush 12 looks a little small but it also looks just big enough and I don't know if I want to go up to rush 24 if it's too big. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

My opinion. The rush 12 is a good EDC bag along with the Moab 10. Good space for basic daily comforts and a little more, but as a dedicated work bag it's just too small. The thing with 511 packs is that they look bigger in pictures due to those big ol Cadillac shoulder straps. IMO, they're the best in the business. Big, thickly padded comfortable and indestructible. If you're looking for a pack to carry school items like books, a laptop, and the usual things you want with you over the course of a long day of classes and or traveling around, I suggest the 24.  If you're going to wear it like a back pack and carry a load, the 24 will also be more comfortable due to it's larger size. Both have excellent admin pouches and internal organization. You'll have to figure out what your load out will be, then consider the size of the pack you may want. Remember that it also has compression straps to pull the load tight to the body rather than bagging out too wide or sagging the contents to the bottom like a loaded diaper, so a larger pack can be controlled to suit you, or expand to really load it up.

#3 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

Ok, thanks for the reply that was what I was thinking. I believe I am getting a Chromebook for 9th grade and I will have all my books and binders. I have been doing a lot of research and I think the 24 would be the better option. My only real problem is money. I have enough but I am a saving type of person who doesn't like to spend money but it seems like the bag will turn out to be a good investment. I am about 5' 8" and 140 lbs. and not sure how well it would fit me. Overall this just seems like a great pack and I want to try and make a great High school EDC others can use and is useful because there are not really any out there because of the restrictions of going to school. Hopefully, I can make a good one and post it on here. Thanks for the input. Like I said I am about 5' 8" and 140 lbs, would the 24 be too big for me size wise?

#4 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

Ok, thanks for the reply that was what I was thinking. I believe I am getting a Chromebook for 9th grade and I will have all my books and binders. I have been doing a lot of research and I think the 24 would be the better option. My only real problem is money. I have enough but I am a saving type of person who doesn't like to spend money but it seems like the bag will turn out to be a good investment. I am about 5' 8" and 140 lbs. and not sure how well it would fit me. Overall this just seems like a great pack and I want to try and make a great High school EDC others can use and is useful because there are not really any out there because of the restrictions of going to school. Hopefully, I can make a good one and post it on here. Thanks for the input. Like I said I am about 5' 8" and 140 lbs, would the 24 be too big for me size wise?

Hard to say if it will be too big, but It will have some adjustment to it. I never carry any of mine on my back, and instead choose to sling it on one shoulder. 511 bags and packs are made exceptionally well, and unless you're a gorilla trying to destroy your stuff, that pack will last you for a long, long time, meaning you will have time to grow into it as you go. I'm glad to hear the you're a saver. Good for you! Although they are certainly not inexpensive, you get what you pay for, and buying quality once is always better than buying cheap over and over, so you're making a sound investment and saving money in the long run. Good luck, and post up some pictures when you get it all sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users