Looking for ideas for freshman High School EDC

6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Does anyone have any good ideas for a freshman EDC. I am going to be a freshman this fall and am going to do some research myself but any good suggestions would help.

#2 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

How about a really good backpack?

You are going to have plenty of heavy books and start now with a good backpack will save you a lot of back troubles later in life. 

And wear it on both shoulders.

No smoking - don't start just to fit in, more money for EDC items if you don't spend it on smokes.

Sorry about the adult advice, couldn't help myself. LOL

#3 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I second the good bag idea. Specially if it is one that you can take on interviews after school is over. A bag with a nice patina on it makes a good statement. I would steer clear of any pocket knives, multi-tools, or key chain tools, at least for Mon.-Fri. EDC. Last thing you need is to get investigated or expelled from school for carrying something the school doesn't allow, or something the school believes to be dangerous or inappropriate. A durable pen, such as a Space Pen, and flashlight would be good to add. 

• Scott Johnson likes this

#4 andrew holland

andrew holland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone have any good ideas for a freshman EDC. I am going to be a freshman this fall and am going to do some research myself but any good suggestions would help.

this page has some pretty neat stuff you should check it out

hhaccess.com

#5 Dane

Dane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

do you mean things like back packs and binders or are you talking about the more tactical yet acceptable things for school?

If thats what you mean I would recommend a good (bladeless) multitool, check out SOG's line of back packs, hell these days you can even get ballistic vest inserts for you backpack. 

#6 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Kinda tactical but I mean like good medical pouch I could make or stuff like that are easily to carry like a small edc pouch or something or stuff to put in a maxpedition micro pouch

#7 topbreak38

topbreak38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

I assume you mean apart from the school supplies and textbooks you will expect to carry.

1. A micro USB for the keychain. Use it to backup important papers. I forgot my homework more than once and my little USB and the computer lab saved me.

2. Always carry a pen and small notebook in your pocket (too many uses to mention but you will need it).

3. A deck of cards

I also carried a folder in my messenger bag specifically for papers I knew I would have to get out and either use or hand in for that day. It was also good for papers I was handed that I needed to put away quickly and keep decent looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users