A small multitool/SAK?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Max

Max

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

As far as tools go ive been carrying the leatherman crater c33 as my knife, a niteize doohiKey, thrunite t10, and a clipper lighter... so theres a few tools ive been missing... these are the tools i could do with: pliers, scissors, tweezers and mabye a pen and tin opener... now i doubt there is a multitool with just these tools but if anyone knows one with some of them that would be much appreciated... thanks

#2 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

The problem is going to be the tin opener & pliers combo. You're usually only going to see that combination in a more full size tool. The addition of a pen makes it Victorinox specific. I don't know of any other MT which has a pen included. There are a couple of Victorinox which answer that criteria, the Cybertool and SwissChamp but both are massive.

If you could forgo the pen as included in the MT then your options open right up. Even so tweezers and tin opener together in a plier based tool? Leatherman don't make one.

#3 Lucca DeBiaso

Lucca DeBiaso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Go with multiple dedicated tools. The above poster is correct and if you want all the functionality you're better off wit multiple smaller ddcated tools. Plus they function better. I really like dedicated tweezers and the like rather than multi tool ones. 

• Ben likes this

#4 Max

Max

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

Thanks guys... ive thought about what i need and ive rounded up 4 options... 2 SAK's and 2 LM's, so its a choice between the leathermam style ps, leatherman squirt ps4, victorinox classic sd and the victorinox manager... ive discarded the tin opener cos its hard to find... so the problems im having is that im living in the uk so LM's are much more difficult to find than SAK's.. so the squirt is just silly money, the cheapest i found it was £45 witch is a bit out my budget for a small tool... plus it has no tweezers... so thats not looking likely... the style ps is easyier to come by and cheaper at £32... but its really just a bigger version of the classic sd (with added pliers) and its 3 times the price with the sd being £12... so that leads me to the Victorinox manager witch comes in at about £19 it would be a step up from classic sd... so i mean i usually i like black or silver as my colour scheme so id have to make an exception for the manager... ahh im rambling on.. anyway thats my thoughts... if anyone has any ideas feel free to tell me...

#5 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

Just noticed that the manager is a Rambler (my carry choice) with added pen. Good idea actually! It's a great carry option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users