A small multitool/SAK?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Max

Max

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

As far as tools go ive been carrying the leatherman crater c33 as my knife, a niteize doohiKey, thrunite t10, and a clipper lighter... so theres a few tools ive been missing... these are the tools i could do with: pliers, scissors, tweezers and mabye a pen and tin opener... now i doubt there is a multitool with just these tools but if anyone knows one with some of them that would be much appreciated... thanks

#2 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

I don't really know the SAKs that well, but Leatherman's smaller multitools have a great, solid build and you can get your scissor, plier, and tweezer all in one. The Style PS and the LEAP come to mind. I have the Style PS and I'm happy with it but the tweezer isn't the best as it's one of those that slides into the body of the tool. I haven't used the LEAP but the tweezer looks much more sturdy as it's housed inside the handle with all the other folded tools.

You might consider assembling your own multitool. Are you familiar with Stowaway tools? They make just the individual tools that you can then put on a Keysmart or a Keybar or a carabiner, etc. They offer a pen, tweezer, scissor, and plier which you could put on one carrier and then all you need is a can opener, which I'm sure you could easily incorporate somehow (stick a Coghlan's on your keychain?). I have a large number of the Stowaway tools and they are built really well and it's fun to try to figure out carrier/tool combinations. And if your EDC needs change over time, you can simply rearrange the tools or buy some new ones and you're good to go.

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Victorinox makes a multitool with pliers, but their knives don't have pliers. They come with the other options though.

Traveling East

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users