Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Wallet + Key storage (Including car fob/key)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rompastomp

Rompastomp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I have been scoring the interwebs for a new wallet but I am struggling to find something that fits my over ambitious requirements.

Whilst there are a nice selection of minimalist wallets emerging on kickstopper, including some that can hold house keys and the like.  I am struggling to find anything that would also accept that last bastion of my key chain... the car blipper/fob/key/doo-dad/makey-door-openey device.

For context, I have a new style Mazda key, example below:

Mazda-6-car-smart-key-car-remote-control

Does the community have any suggestions of a wallet that could fit my house key, car key and associated bank/bills in one nifty wallet?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

#2 Cassiel Chan

Cassiel Chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B0746HX42W 

How about this,but this is the slim wallet may not fit your car keys

#3 BB Oehm

BB Oehm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

I have the same request.  My fob just needs to be in my pocket for me to lock & unlock the doors and start the ignition.  My drivers license needs to be in my pocket at exactly the same time.  So it would be really convenient to put both into a single wallet.  I also need room for a few bills and 5-6 credit card sized cards.  I don't have any other keys but it would be nice to slip a small Swiss Army knife in also.  Any suggestions?

#4 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Here is one alternative - 

http://loftofcambie....uct/wsc-000001/

5262c983_4a66_405d_9240_3f51db8c141c.jpg

WOLYT-Sleeve-Classic_BlackBrownKey.jpg

#5 Leon

Leon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hi guys, this reminds me of an idea I've been thinking about: designing custom made wallets that can be designed to fit anything you like. With nowadays technology like 3d printing and laser cutting this is pretty achievable.

What do you say? Good idea?

#6 Kenyatta

Kenyatta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

I'm also looking for something that might do the same thing and just added a new topic on a "zipper" wallet.  Those shown above are nice but I dont trust the slots where the cards slid in and would rather have them enclosed in a zipper. 

#7 Shawn

Shawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

Much like you I have the same issues.  I have a largish keyfob as well (BMW) I used to just carry it on a ring with the rest of my house keys and what not but I managed to drop that key ring one too many times and shattered my keyfob.  At the tune of 220 euros for another one from the dealer I looked at other options. 

Since that time I have used many brands of zippered key pouches.  I just make a slight modification to the little chain to make it longer. 

Currently I'm using something like this from Greenburry

http://www.greenburr..._i61_1581_0.htm

It doesn't hold cards but rolled up cash or sometimes change works well.  It does a pretty good job protecting the key from drops and bumps.

They do have a few of this style that have spots for cards, but I can't bring myself to give up my Secrid front pocket wallet just yet.

Shawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users