New York conceal carry

2 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

So I live in NY in Westchester county which next to NYC is the 2nd hardest place to get a conceal permit... anyone on here from here and have the permit? Any pointers do's donts anything that will help me get that permit is helpful. On the other hand how long would I have to legally live in another state to get this permit and is it transferrable ? Thanks in advance

#2 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

Used to carry in NYC and LI. Had a NY state permit issued by Nassau County and a NYC permit issued by NYC Pistol Bureau at the time. There was no reciprocity or out of state permitting at the time(1970's to 1990's). Moved to VA and later WV so no firearms carry issues.

#3 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

If the application forms say anything about 'where is the pistol when you are not carrying it' ... Tell them it's locked in a steel cabinet or safe. You should be doing that anyway in order to maintain security and safety.

Don't push the personal defense thing too hard....NY doesn't like it's citizens to be capable of defending themselves(Victim Oriented Society).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users