Relaxation techniques

6 replies to this topic

#1 John Lane

John Lane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

Relaxation reduces the stress and also improves the peace of mind. A normal human should sleep a minimum of 7 hours a day. If not,  health issues could be the after effect. A relaxed and healthy person will have the energy to cope with various difficulties in life. There are many relaxation techniques that would make us tension free. Exercises and yoga are the best ways to get rid of our tension and stress. Relaxation techniques would avoid:
1)lowering pressure levels
2)digestion problems
3)Better concentration
4)Reduce fatigue and frustration
5)enhances positive thoughts
Sleeping can also reduce the stress and tension to some extent. 
A calm and soothing atmosphere is a real blessing. For me, the most wonderful place to relax is my bedroom. Last month I got a murphy bed as a gift from one of my friends and it was a real surprise for me. It really adds a relaxing and refreshing feel to my room. My room was a kind of small one, but after getting this bed it solved the space issue. What are your ways of relaxation? Please do share your tips for stress reduction.   

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Happy place.

31B3D062-1627-4B83-B62A-25A2E131D0B0_zps

unnamed_zpsh2xrqfeg.jpg

• olmo likes this

#3 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

Believe it not watching painting videos, without the sound, on youtube relaxes me. Not house painting but someone painting on a canvas. Has to be in real time, not fast forward, in focus and not heavily edited. Makes me very groggy despite the "blue light" coming off my phone display.

#4 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

I recently took up pipe smoking. My kids' bought me some really good tobacco and I full a pipe after dinner, set on the back porch with the dogs and chill. Really nice to just take time out for myself so this is my new happy place.  

#5 Venas

Venas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

For me the best kind of relax is running :D I can't imagine a day or week without it. Second way is a reading good books and articles about world, life and everything that surrounds us, like that .

#6 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

Vaping and some beers help me relax. However, just having a Sunday off from my full time job is nice, even if I have to work around the house, it's always a nice treat.

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#7 Syluxguy

Syluxguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

I use a technique called box breathing. It's designed to slow your breathing and help your relax, especially in a stressful situation. Here's how you perform it:

1) breath in for 4 seconds
2) hold breath for 4 seconds
3) breath out for 4 seconds
4) hold breath for 4 seconds

You can do the following steps for as long as needed. It slows your breathing and your heart rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users