Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Price doesn't matter but doesn't have to be expensive

Watch Smart watch gps rechargeable

Best Answer BevoWatch , 20 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Wife put the hammer down on spending good money on a watch. Bought a cheaper timex for now. Lol. I'll just wait till the "timings" right I guess....Buddha boom!!!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Timex piece.  I for one appreciate a good affordable watch that gets the job done. Please share your Timex here...

http://forum.everyda...dable-goodness/

Go to the full post

11 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

I am looking for a watch. I used to have a Samsung gear s and loved it but I recently switched to iOS and the products are not compatible. I am now looking for a new watch. I would prefer a smart watch but am not steadfast in this. I do work in a casual/professional atmosphere so I would like something that would be acceptable looking for work. As you all know there is just an overwhelming amount of products for this category. I was hoping you all could help me narrow my search with your suggestions. I don't care about price but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy something cheaper. I just want something that works reliably in all its functions and also offers multiple functions

Any first hand suggestions?

I appreciate all your help!
Ryan

#2 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

I don't know what you do for work but is it something you think you'd need for work?  Does it have to be tough like a G-Shock or perhaps a Protrek ABC watch and the likes.  Do you need it to be WR with a screw-down crown like in a dive watch?  What's your case size preference?  Would a chrono function something you need at all?  A dress, casual, sporty watch perhaps?  What's your budget?  Help me help you and let's figure this out.  

I don't have a smart watch or have the interest for it at the moment.  I have a smart phone and that is more than plenty for my simple lifestyle.  Perhaps a solar powered watch like an Eco-Drive is something you'd appreciate.  How about an atomic watch?  You know you'll always be spot on.  

Anyway, plug away...

#3 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Why not just buy an apple watch? its literally the best smart watch for iOS. 

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

I am a retail store manager. I liked seeing my text on my watch so I didn't have to dig my phone from my pocket. Not that this is a daunting task but my job is pretty hi stress and I am constantly looking for ways to save time even if it's a second. I do not prefer the look of the iwatch. In addition to the convenience of seeing whole text messages on the face I would like something sporty for outside of work where I do a decent amount of hiking, hunting and various water activities. I would prefer a larger face but only because I assume it would need to be to display text. I don't know what a chronology function is. I would rather not spend more than $600 but if the extra $$ got me lots more bang than I would probably bend quite a bit

#5 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Casio Protrek -3100

Please research this watch as you might find this to be your watch.  Atomic, solar powered, ABC, big digital screen display, lightweight due to the titanium bracelet, and a great Casio quality.  The size is also appealing for EDC, not as thick or as big the others.  The Casio Rangeman is also a great choice for the outdoors but for EDC, work watch, the PRW-3100 is better.  Plus it is only half your budget.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

i-sgGXfr3-L.jpg

You'll always be on time since it is atomic. 

i-9fG8CmF-L.jpg

ABC functions, perfect for your outdoorsy adventures.

i-fmFNSJw-L.jpg

Lightweight due to the titanium bracelet, you'll forget you're wearing a watch.

i-QZwLQjq-L.jpg

Solar powered so you'll never need a battery for many many years.

i-KKqNFXk-L.jpg

Thinner than most G-Shocks.

i-F9cZ5G7-L.jpg

Case is also smaller yet the digital display is bigger and easier to read.

i-r5GPKKZ-L.jpg

Casual yet sporty enough for just about anything.

i-p3FCd7C-L.jpg

Good luck with the hunt.

:) 

#6 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Option #2

Casio G-Shock Rangeman

Simply one of the best outdoors watch you can find.  G-Shock toughness, ABC features and more, solar power, 200m WR, about 1/3 of your budget. 

i-Thzmbkt-L.jpg

Large buttons, easy to use even with gloves on.

i-SbMWxjL-L.jpg

i-tNLdVp4-L.jpg

Great for water activities.

i-C2dTj8p-L.jpg

i-vfsQsQT-L.jpg

i-RRRTc98-L.jpg

i-Z9bJv5r-L.jpg

:) 

#7 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

Wow! Thank you for your help! I like both of these from a looks standpoint. I'll look into them more to narrow it down. So cool

#8 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

Wow! Thank you for your help! I like both of these from a looks standpoint. I'll look into them more to narrow it down. So cool

You're welcome!  Let us know what other watches interest you but I honestly think those two piece I've shown will serve you well.  Good luck.  

#9 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Citizen makes a solar-powered smartwatch.. It doesn't show notification text on the screen though, just that you got a notification and what type it is (call, mail, text, etc.). It's really neat though, and no charging required.

Here's a link if you're interested!

http://www.citizenwa...bz1006-82e.html

bz1006-82e_m.jpg

#10 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Wife put the hammer down on spending good money on a watch. Bought a cheaper timex for now. Lol. I'll just wait till the "timings" right I guess....Buddha boom!!!

#11 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:54 AM   Best Answer

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Timex piece.  I for one appreciate a good affordable watch that gets the job done. Please share your Timex here...

http://forum.everyda...dable-goodness/

#12 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Watch, Smart watch, gps, rechargeable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users