5 replies to this topic

#1 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

I know nothing about flashlights. What to look for in a good EDC flashlight? I Currently use a Fenix E12 for my EDC. 

I entered their facebook contest and won this flashlight:

https://www.indiegog...lashlight-usb#/

My EDC

sortitapps-black.png

#2 CabalPI

CabalPI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

I guess it depends on what you plan on using it for.

I decided a year or so back to go for USB-chargeable devices where possible, including torches. I retired my previous torches and now use the Fenix UC35 and the Nitecore MH20. Both are around the 1000 lumen mark but have steppable brightness settings so you can read a document without blinding yourself. My general preference is for the Nitecore, if only because it is slightly shorter (and a bit squatter). The Fenix has a tailcap toggle on/off whereas the Nitecore doesn't. 

#3 seamuis

seamuis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSavannah, London, Baguio

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:21 AM

My wife carries a klarus X11GT with the aggressive steel striker bezel. She only carries it for personal defence though, and for that it's a great flashlight. Blindingly bright, dedicated button for strobe and a strike bezel that nobody would want to be on the receiving end of. I own an Olight S1R baton 900 lumen, but I don't actually carry it everyday, because I just so rarely need a flashlight.

Truth is that there is a plethora of great EDC and tactical lights on the market right now. High power LED's and Li-ion batteries completely changed the world. So I can understand it's overwhelming. My best advice would be to sit down and list out all the things you think you need in a flashlight, like output, size, tactical functions, defense, rechargeable battery, price, etc. Then start looking for lights that meet all your needs. That will be easier than trying to choose based solely on what brands people say are good. My wife for example chose the klarus because the dedicated strobe button, USB rechargeable battery and removeable steel strike bezel. I chose the olight for its size and magnetic charger.

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

I know nothing about flashlights. What to look for in a good EDC flashlight? I Currently use a Fenix E12 for my EDC. 

I entered their facebook contest and won this flashlight:

https://www.indiegog...lashlight-usb#/

Free is good!!

I also carry the e12. I love it. Been carrying it for about a year or more. Love it

#5 CrazyAnsy

CrazyAnsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

I love flashlights. When I want a walk at night, I will take a cree t6 flashlight, it will produce up to 600 lumens brightness. But when I go out, I will carry a pocketsize flashlight. Though it's not very bright, but I love its lightweight and small body size, The brightess of those flashlight is about 300 lumens( cree q5 blub)- That's all my opinion

#6 Ou Lily

Ou Lily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Well,there are many brands of the flashlight on the internet nowadays,recently i found a COSMO that contains good quality of the flashlight from internet. i also bought one from there web.I think the flashlight B60 will very suitable for us , when you go hunting, camping o riding ,you can use it . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users