Women who EDC

13 replies to this topic

#1 CrysJoCrowe

CrysJoCrowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hi all. Doesn't seem to be very many women who are interested in the EDC world. I'm obsessed with pocket knives, flashlights, watches, tactical pens and heavy primarily metal mechanical pencils. I love all kinds of pocket stuff. But when having to dress "professionally" for work (i.e. Slacks, skirts, etc) what are good ideas for carrying my most important EDC stuff? I currently have a maxpedition style pocket organizer that I keep my field notes and pens and flashlights and chapstick in I get tired of having to HOLD it while I'm on a job walk etc. Anyone else have this issue? And if so how do you deal? Thanks for reading. :-)

#2 Ludovic Babin

Ludovic Babin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationFrogs Land.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hello !
Haveyou got a pocket organizer ? It can be a kind issue for all your stuff to carry.

#3 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like you need something like http://www.rickshawb...journal-sleeves

pjs-lsgrey_4.jpg

4_4.jpg5_4.jpg

#4 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

My suggestion would be to reduce and scale down your carry. Try to pick up items that fulfill more than one task.

Thats what I do. I have a minimalistic carry for situations when my on person carry is limited.

For example:

Do you really need to carry a flashlight or your phone's flashlight can do?

Do you feel comfortable using a wallet/phone case to carry ID, Cards and cash?

Are you willing to trade your dedicated folder for a Victorinox Signature, which already comes with a pen, and you can carry on your keychain? 

EDC

#5 CrysJoCrowe

CrysJoCrowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

I appreciate the feedback. The attached rickshaw above looks great but again, my issue is no pocket and no belt. So ultimately I would need something with a belt "clip" to attach to the waist of my slacks and such. It seems that all EDC pocket organizers are only meant to be slipped into a pocket and no one has considered pocketless folk such as I. I will continue on my quest...thank you.

#6 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

How about something like this for your smaller items:

https://countycomm.c...uch-by-maratacĀ 

cancase1_grande.jpg?v=1489136041

And this if you are carrying your notebook:

https://countycomm.c...over-by-maratac

photo-6_096a8de5-3fed-4295-9a11-b6d5bb44

Because this one is a bi-fold I wonder if you can saddle one end on the inside of your belt.

#7 Ludovic Babin

Ludovic Babin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationFrogs Land.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

May be something like this ?
http://www.sew4home....clip-belt-pouch

#8 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Just saw this here on the site on Trending Gear: March 2017.

158de81cfc3620.jpg

http://everydaycarry...gear-march-2017

EDC

#9 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

Even if we do have pockets in our pants - they are often so small as to be worthless...it's a pet peeve.

#10 Ludovic Babin

Ludovic Babin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationFrogs Land.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

Even if we do have pockets in our pants - they are often so small as to be worthless...it's a pet peeve.

Pockets too tight ;)

#11 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

In your original post you didn't mention you carry a purse, but it still would be "hands-free". Or a small sling? I have a canvas 5L and it sounds ideal for what you need it for. 

#12 Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBetween Ferguson and a radioactive landfill fire. No, really.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

Hi all. Doesn't seem to be very many women who are interested in the EDC world. I'm obsessed with pocket knives, flashlights, watches, tactical pens and heavy primarily metal mechanical pencils. I love all kinds of pocket stuff. But when having to dress "professionally" for work (i.e. Slacks, skirts, etc) what are good ideas for carrying my most important EDC stuff? I currently have a maxpedition style pocket organizer that I keep my field notes and pens and flashlights and chapstick in I get tired of having to HOLD it while I'm on a job walk etc. Anyone else have this issue? And if so how do you deal? Thanks for reading. :-)

I thought women were more into EDC than men are. Most of them I know carry a bag full of stuff around everywhere they go.

#13 allisonjones

allisonjones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

I prefer handbags.

#14 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

When I teach 'Ladies Only'  defensive classes, I lend out various bags and pouches that can be slung or attached to the waistband for them to train with. The other EDC can also be carried in these pouches and bags. I find most women carry much more EDC items than men. Ladies can if they don't mind the style, wear trousers like 511's which will allow for lots of EDC gear and a pocket holster with a compact pistol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users