Today's Active Posts

I've been working on a Pocket Clip design and just launched a kickstarter to fund a small order!

pocket tool key clip suspension clip keychain bottle opener kickstarter titanium stainless steel

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeo Helder

Kaeo Helder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

Hey Guys,

For the past couple months I've been working through a pocket clip design. I just put up a small kickstarter to get some cut by a factory and I wanted to see what you guys think.

Attached File  Keyclip kickstarter-6 web.jpg   39.47KB   1 downloads

here's a link to the campaign

I'm hoping to cut a limited edition in Titanium and the rest will be stainless steel. I've also drafted up a second version without the clip for those who only want a bottle opener.

Attached File  Keyclip kickstarter-15 web.jpg   133.72KB   0 downloads

I've made some changes since those prototypes too. I've increased the thickness slightly and adjusted all the fillets to make it a bit more balanced visually and increase the strength of the bottle opener. I've been using the prototype for a month now though and haven't had any trouble. That said, I want to make sure it's real solid before I send any out.

Attached File  Keyclip kickstarter-1 web.jpg   122.07KB   0 downloads

Here's some of the prototypes I cut throughout the project. The first couple did bend, but with some fine tuning I've worked that out.

I'd love any feedback you guys might have! (also if I posted this in the wrong topic let me know) Thanks!

• BevoWatch likes this

#2 Rob Amsler

Rob Amsler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

I dig the double catch points for the hold on the pocket. good job man.

#3 Jerry Pruitt

Jerry Pruitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

Nice job i do say so myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pocket tool, key clip, suspension clip, keychain, bottle opener, kickstarter, titanium, stainless steel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users