Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Small pocket organizer that fits in pockets?

12 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

Hey guys. I'm looking for a pocket organizer to fit my EDC in when I can't have it distributed on my person.

I am looking for something that actually fits in my jeans pockets. I have looked at maxpedition skinny pocket organizer and the micro one. But they are to bulky for me.

I've seen some thin homemade leather organizers but nothing that I could find for buying sadly. Anyone got any advice?

(Things I'll put in my organizer: Multitool, flashlight, lighter and pen)

#2 White Knight

White Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hi John,

Awkward but exciting.

I'm guessing your items are small and flat(ish) if the Maxpedition Micro is too large.

I have a Photon Freedom light and a Victorinox Signature (which features a pen) in my EDC -  http://.everydaycarry.com/posts/12228/out-and-about

on a key ring, and there are small lighters about like the Peanut.

Or maybe this one https://www.amazon.c...B012GYACUA?th=1

But if you already have all your items, then measurements would be useful to further advise.

Maybe try yourself to make a holder if items are bespoke? Leather, tyvek, even gaffer tape can be utilised.

Cheers,

Stephen

#3 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

You mean like this?

il_570xN.1006130929_24as.jpg

il_570xN.1006130965_5ewp.jpg

il_570xN.1006130933_889s.jpg

I ordered mine late December and it's coming from Lithuania so I haven't gotten it yet. But it sounds like we have the same needs. I'll let you know how it is once I get it. This is the smallest version he has but was other small sizes too.

• Boyd and KlaudeMarks like this

#4 Labo de Sacs

Labo de Sacs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hey guys. I'm looking for a pocket organizer to fit my EDC in when I can't have it distributed on my person.
I am looking for something that actually fits in my jeans pockets. I have looked at maxpedition skinny pocket organizer and the micro one. But they are to bulky for me.
I've seen some thin homemade leather organizers but nothing that I could find for buying sadly. Anyone got any advice?
(Things I'll put in my organizer: Multitool, flashlight, lighter and pen)

Please see our new topic. There is our new product: 3-in-1 EDC handkerchief. Pouch is a part of this accessory.

Attached Files

• Boyd likes this

#5 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

I finally received my EDC molle organizer from FOXedc and it was so worth the wait. It's pretty amazing and well constructed. I would buy more. It is smaller than my minimalist wallet and what I love about it is it will keep my stuff from banging into each other. I won't carry it in my front pocket like I thought since 3 of those objects fit in my coin pocket easily, but when I wear cargos or a blazer I'll grab this piece of awesomeness. I can even throw it in my bag.

John, I think this will perfectly suite your needs.

Attached File  foxedc.png   1.22MB   5 downloads
  • Mikey Bautista, Boyd and Tim Keenan like this

#6 Glenn Garcia

Glenn Garcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

you can never go wrong with the Maxpedition EDC line , I have the EDC Pocket organizer thats a little bigger then what you are looking for but they do have 2 smaller ones like the Mini & Micro EDC organizers. Everything they build is built to last !!  Top quality .  

• Nate X likes this

#7 Sten Duncan

Sten Duncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

Yes, I like the Maxpedition stuff too. I have several tasked for particular EDC components, but I've found the Mini is the smallest practical pocket EDC one for me as it's the smallest that can take a Field Notes memo book.

#8 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

I use the Rickshaw Pocket Journal Sleeve and love it. The three pen version allows you to keep a pen, small flashlight, notebook, cc, ID, and business cards. I use a little lanyard to attach a multitool to the light. And if your knife is small enough, like a Victorinox, you may be able to fit in the third pen slot (not sure). Not as roomy as a Maxpedition, but comfortably fits in the pocket. 

#9 Andrew J Lopez

Andrew J Lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hi you might want to try the Hershel's Johnny wallet. How much gear do you need to fit? I fit a lighter, pen, mini notebook and compact first aid kit and it's still ultra slim.

#10 rob13

rob13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

I like that FoxEDC thing. Been thinking about making something similar. I use a small Hitch & Timber Runt to carry a few things I don't want banging around my pockets (MicroStream, Fisher Space pen) when they're not clipped in somewhere.

#11 thewiccaman

thewiccaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I've repurposed one of those small hard zipped cases usually for carrying earphones about as a micro EDC setup. Easily fits in trouser pocket - size just under 3" x 3" x 1/5" high.

(contents changed slightly since I did this & now added a Victorinox Mini-Champ & taken the penknife out)

Attached Files

#12 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

I've repurposed one of those small hard zipped cases usually for carrying earphones about as a micro EDC setup. Easily fits in trouser pocket - size just under 3" x 3" x 1/5" high.

(contents changed slightly since I did this & now added a Victorinox Mini-Champ & taken the penknife out)

Good idea, but do you really carry that in your front pocket?

#13 thewiccaman

thewiccaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Good idea, but do you really carry that in your front pocket?

Fits easily into my jeans pocket, or the cargo pocket on other jeans. Hardly notice it's there, weighs very little & with the carabiner, can 'dangly' it from my belt if needed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users