Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo

MOLLE Carry Flashlight, Olight S2A Baton?

No replies to this topic

#1 Miles W.

Miles W.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Hey guys! Here's a one-off question which I may have already answered but wanted to get some opinions about.

My gear bag is a 5.11 Rush 12, with standard MOLLE webbing. I believe this webbing has a maximum diameter of about 20mm but may stretch the nylon of the bag to fit 22-23mm. It will NOT fit a 25mm diameter, the head of my current torch an old LED AA Maglite (body diameter of 18mm and fits snugly without catching.) I use the webbing carry option to avoid another holster on the side of my bag, plus it looks pretty cool to boot! When I ask my friend to grab my torch off the bag while in low-light conditions I do not have to clarify where it is, and can keep my eyes on the AO.

Now, my MagLite has been a workhorse for years but recently it has been rather limited in usage. It's great to have around the house in case of a storm with the candle mode or in my toolbox while working on a car. It is low-output and high life which is great since I can toss a few old alkalines in it and go. I think it's time to retire old trusty to the garage.

In upgrading my kit, the Olight S2A has stood out to me as a powerful option which can eat AA's of all types and comes with a decent warranty for problems while in the field. I am however worried that I will not be able to fit the body of the flashlight in my current "webbing holster," has anyone attempted this with a similar torch? Am I alone in this odd method of carrying mine?

See attached pictures for an idea of what I am getting at.

A1D99576-02C8-4557-A6EB-729D47F252E8_zps

B6129B2E-F24E-4622-8B20-329CA7C010B8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users