3 replies to this topic

#1 William DC

William DC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Here we go. The Million Dollar Buying Question.

To those (like myself) who try and purchase their EDC gear (whether it's knives, keybars, bags, multi tools, ect.) in person, what would have to be in place for you to purchase online?

Here is the background. I buy the majority of my gear in person. For those few times where I would purchase online, I find myself spending a crap-load of time between research and second guessing. I've bought from a few companies and so far and have so far had zero issues.

What are some things you've seen companies do that give you peace of mind when buying. I'm not talking about marketing promotions or discounts; I mean solid, human-being customer service or 'ship it back to us free of charge'.

For those in Canada, I know certain products such as knives are being confiscated at the boarder due to an update on what classifies an 'automatic knife'. (I'll leave that for another discussion). This means less EDC enthusiasts are buying from the states.

Things like that.

Let me know your feedback and thoughts. I'm sure the majority of people have purchased their gear online. Some might even have a horror story- or two.

William de Campenhout

Content Director @ Dual Carry

Toronto, Ont.

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

I rely heavily on eBay. I try to only use top sellers and have never been burned. 

#3 Lucca DeBiaso

Lucca DeBiaso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Quality response times for returns, questions and things of that nature. A company HAS to have good turn around time especially when online. Also picture quality is a great way to tell the quality of seller. A seller that puts effort into pictures means they're more likely to be a good seller. 

#4 William DC

William DC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

Quality response times for returns, questions and things of that nature. A company HAS to have good turn around time especially when online. Also picture quality is a great way to tell the quality of seller. A seller that puts effort into pictures means they're more likely to be a good seller. 

I know how you feel. Most of the time I just want to talk to a real person. It makes a freaking difference.

• Lucca DeBiaso likes this

William de Campenhout

Content Director @ Dual Carry

Toronto, Ont.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Buying, Shipping, EDC, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users