firearm handgun

49 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

I have reviewed EDC's posts and can find no firearms. I have emailed admins with no response. One of my posts re this topic has been deleted. So I ask, is EDC antigun? Please include link to post with firearm to change my mind. Otherwise, why are gun-folks here?

#2 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

I have seen firearms on EDC posts. I'm on my phone right now so it's hard to link but if you follow my profile and to one of those few posts I have liked you will see a glock.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a gun owner and I enjoy firearms. But it's nice to have a place where not everything is about guns and I can actually look at EDCs that are more about the other gear than the gun.

I do not know for a fact but it feels like the guys from Everydaycarry want it like that as well. But they were nice enough to make a firearm forum for us interested in it.
  • Ben and Nunchucker like this

#3 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Doesn't need to be all guns all the time (and this is an international forum/posting, our OUS friends do not have same rights as us Yanks), but I have not seen ANY edc firearms when I looked back several months...NO responses from admins. Deletion of posts...  Let me know (with links) if I am misinformed. Looking for a reason to stay and contribute.

#4 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

http://everydaycarry...-everyday-carry

I searched for glock on the search menu at the main site. Found several ones but just posting one here due to me being on mobilephone :)

#5 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

I stand corrected and will submit my pic(s) re what I carry EDC (update to follow). I will note that searches for firearms return only handguns over a year ago (admin input perhaps???)... Thanks for the link John.

#6 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

No worries. Always nice with some edcs with guns in it :)

#7 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

I'm from flyover country (ie the Midwest, where many folks carry handguns, so am biased). I would enjoy hearing a US or an international (OUS) perspecitve. Are there any (non LEO/military) that EDC handguns (or other things that go bang) OUS (ISIS/ISIL need not respond please)?

• John likes this

#8 Todd

Todd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't see many firearms in the edc pics???

Maybe a lot of people don't carry or can't???

#9 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

So I am biased. I carry a (hand)gun every day. Yes, I am a Neanderthal. I am now a private (non military) US citizen. Most who I know, carry a gun every day (professionally or personally - US/Midwest perspective). Just looking for like-minded tribe members who do as well. Trying to ferret out if this group/forum/company is representative of this perspective. If so, thank you. If not, (no posts/pics in over a year), then let's call this out and I can move on.

• Rayray likes this

#10 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

This is not a gun forum but having said that, the moderators have created a space for us gun owners. I'm former EMS and have carried for many years. There are many sites for us gun nuts but I like this forum for all those other things that I carry or might want to carry. This isn't even a primary USA site and for most of the world, EDC of guns is a non-starter. We can argue culture all day long but most of the world doesn't get our gun culture, heck some of our fellow citizens don't get it either. I'm old enough to just shrug and say to each his own. I come here to learn and to talk with my fellow EDC nuts not to convert people or to step on folk's toes.    

• John, Andrew Cohen and Matt like this

#11 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Not sure if you'll be able to see this link... I think I have it set up to be public - http://everydaycarry.../matt/favorites  - most all the posts I like have a firearm in them, and based on my history, there's some 600 of them there.

I posted this in another similar thread not long ago:

There's three front-page feeds, right?  Staff Picks, Newest, and Popular.

Check out the Newest image feed, and you'll see that many pics have firearms. http://everydaycarry...?feed=newest#pf

It's just that the Staff, for whatever reason, tend not to pick posts with firearms, so they don't show up on the image feed which defaults to Staff Picks.

The staff have been very responsive to the firearms crowd here, btw... the creation of this subforum was a result of requests from several of us who do carry firearms in our EDCs.

#12 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

I think that we have a good blend of US an OUS contributors and I, for one, enjoy seeing and hearin different perspectives on the things everyone EDCs. I know many of the collections on the front pages of this forum include firearms, but also show participation from around the world. The forum has a lot of OUS members who don't have the same access as we enjoy. I don't think it's an intentional bias.

Now, about those post with no knives...how does THAT even happen?!:D
  • International Man Of Mystery likes this

#13 Rayray

Rayray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

I carry everyday. There's a gun in my post. There are a lot of concealed firearms in postings. Do you mean in the staff pick posts do not have firearms? If so, you are right, I have made note of it as well.

There are a lot of Europeans an South Americans on here... you can't even carry pepper spray in most countries... Maybe the staff picks are geared toward more cosmopolitan carry equipment? Although they do like an auto knife in many of their picks which are also illegal in most countries... Who knows. Maybe they have a ratchet thing...

I don't care if people carry or not, I just think that If you are trained, responsible, law abiding, legal and capable, It is unbecoming to not carry a firearm. Protectionism is a lie.
  • Matt likes this

#14 Todd

Todd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Well they (Every Day Carry) are based out of San Francisco, CA ....so I wouldn't be surprised.

This is why you don't see many pics of edc gear with firearms.

#15 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

Todd - I really don't know where you're getting this anti-gun impression from... I've favorite'd more than six hundred posts with firearms in them in the past year and a half or so, and I see two or three new ones just about every day on the Newest feed.

Choosing not put gun related posts first and most prominent on their front page is not the same thing as being anti-gun; it is simply recognizing that the majority of the visitors to the site aren't necessarily interested. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

This isn't a gun site - it's an EDC site; and while a gun is often a central element of certain individual's EDCs (and the site has certainly supported those of us who do carry), it really is just one small part of the bigger EDC picture.

• John B., coldwater, Q-Bert and 1 other like this

#16 Gren

Gren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

They obviously are not, though I wish they were.  It's unnerving to see so many posts with concealed firearms as EDC.

#17 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

They obviously are not, though I wish they were.  It's unnerving to see so many posts with concealed firearms as EDC.

I'm sorry you're so sensitive to pictures or what others do. I would suggest that you simply stay away from the very well labeled firearms related topic. I much prefer to avoid things that I have no interest in, rather than try and deny them the things they enjoy. 

• Matt and Ron Vickery like this

#18 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

I'm sorry you're so sensitive to pictures or what others do. I would suggest that you simply stay away from the very well labeled firearms related topic. I much prefer to avoid things that I have no interest in, rather than try and deny them the things they enjoy. 

Might I suggest an alternative?

Perhaps, for the sake of curiosity and open-mindedness, Gren, you should take some time and learn about why so many individuals feel not only comfortable, but compelled to carry a firearm in their EDC.

Perhaps, for the sake of educating yourself and growing beyond your nervous reaction, you should get together with a firearm owner, learn from them, and go to the range with them once or twice.

Becoming familiar with the ideas and things that make us uncomfortable or offended is the single best way to improve ourselves as human beings. If after making the effort, as I have suggested, you still feel the same or your aversion grows, then please feel free to ignore posts and discussions on this site that are related to firearms, as coldwater suggested.

Speaking personally, I'd very much like to welcome you to join our small corner of this site.

• Ron Vickery likes this

#19 Gren

Gren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

Might I suggest an alternative?

Perhaps, for the sake of curiosity and open-mindedness, Gren, you should take some time and learn about why so many individuals feel not only comfortable, but compelled to carry a firearm in their EDC.

Perhaps, for the sake of educating yourself and growing beyond your nervous reaction, you should get together with a firearm owner, learn from them, and go to the range with them once or twice.

Becoming familiar with the ideas and things that make us uncomfortable or offended is the single best way to improve ourselves as human beings. If after making the effort, as I have suggested, you still feel the same or your aversion grows, then please feel free to ignore posts and discussions on this site that are related to firearms, as coldwater suggested.

Speaking personally, I'd very much like to welcome you to join our small corner of this site.

Are people who are anti-gun unwelcome in this "small corner" of this sight?

#20 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:35 AM

An idea that might be worth considering is keeping ones gun ownership details private from the internet. From a 'grey man' perspective. Just a thought.

• International Man Of Mystery likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firearm, handgun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users