New LED Flashlight

4 replies to this topic

#1 Hannibal

Hannibal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

I have had cheap LED torches (flashlights) for sometime but now I am looking to invest. Unfortunately I keep finding cheap chinese knock offs or anything I find on Amazon UK is horrendously overpriced. 

So I am looking for an LED torch for about £30 - £40 that will run off of AA batteries for my pocket EDC. I would rather something that has a switch at the bottom so it can be operated one handed if needed. Essentially I just want something that has been tried and tested by fellow EDC'ers. 

Thanks in Advance. 

#2 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:35 AM

Thrunite Archer V3. Single AA, bottom on/off button with side button for mode changes. 200 lm down to .1 lm. IT will come on in whatever mode you leave it in. I have had good luck w/Thrunite. ~$30.00 on US Amazon at the moment. Also, check out the Thrunite T10 series. Thumb button and head twist to change modes. Another light I'm happy with.

Although there are not a lot of bottom switch lights in AAA, there are a number of quite bright AAA lights that are great EDC lights, and it doesn't really take much work to one hand twist these lights. As someone with large, stiff hands, I have no problems with these lights. I have a Fenix LD02 AAA with butt button, 100 lm top speed, with 25 and 8 available as well. Works great, comfortable, nice size. ~ $30.00 on US Amazon.

All my AA/AAA batteries are eneloops, FWIW, and the lights seem to love them. 

#3 Paul Tobeck

Paul Tobeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

I'm partial to Streamlight, and like the ProTac series. https://www.amazon.c...words=proTac aa

Also looking at tossing my big 2 D cell Maglite from my bag and going with the new AA Mini Maglite LED as a backup light. 272 lumens for $23 is a steal in a quality flashlight, though I'd still prefer a tailswitch. There are add-on tailswitch caps for the Mini-Mags, but they seem to be of dubious quality. :(

#4 Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

Streamlight makes the Protac 1L-AA, 150 lumens - 1-1/2 hr runtime off 1 x AA alkaline, 4-1/2 hr runtime on 1 x AA lithium or 350 lumens - 1-1/2 hr runtime on 1 x 123. US price @ $45.00

#5 Sushil

Sushil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFoshan,China

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

You can check this Penlight:
2AAA normal akaline battery
120 lumens
Perfect mini size.
Price Under USD20