EDC inventory app

2 replies to this topic

#1 Leo Möller

Leo Möller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

I have for a long time wanted to have an app where I could visualize my EDC items in a inventory like in a roleplaying game (diablo, WoW, etc.)
It would be another dimension to carrying and collecting gear.
Perhaps there could be a way of ranking items in different categories and be used as a tool to rate how prepared you are for different situations.
I figure that this site would have people interested in and who would know how to create something like this.
Or am I the only one interested in gamifying my EDC?
Perhaps this app already exists?

#2 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

I am not aware of such an app. It would be nice to have though. I do use an app for Knife collecting. Probably not what you are looking for though. The link is in my signature for the knife app.

My EDC

sortitapps-black.png

#3 Leo Möller

Leo Möller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

Thank you for your response!
No it's not exactly what I have in mind, I want to have something more gamelike where I could add properties to items to represent their uniqueness or their affective value.
Like my hat for example, it has some useful preparedness properties:
It protects somewhat from rain, not as much as an umbrella so maybe it could have a "+2 rain protection" while a golf umbrella would have +10..
And I got it as a gift which makes it special for me because it also carries the memory of the friend I got it from.
In Diablo terms it would be a blue item with some add-on to the name of the item type, e.g. "Hat from Pipis".
A custom knife of a limited edition could be a unique item with +x in knife community respect.
And the visualization would show where on my person I carry my different pieces of kit. Like this:
http://classic.battl...tems/cube01.jpg
It's a bit childish perhaps but I would enjoy it alot.
It would be a way to appreciate your gear more and perhaps a useful way of seeing what you lack in day to day preparedness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users