Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

How to keep my android phone battery healthy?

Phones

5 replies to this topic

#1 Stephon john

Stephon john

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:19 AM

Hi,

I just want to know that how can i protect my mobile phone battery.

#2 Ludovic Babin

Ludovic Babin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationFrogs Land.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

In your application manager:

• Cut off all the games, non used applications
  • Set the brightness to lower level
  • Shut down the BlueTouth, Mobile datas and Wifi.

#3 Travis May

Travis May

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

• remove/block/disable unused apps (it's not so much the apps themselves as it is their likely background activity)
  • turn off wifi/bluetooth/GPS when not in use (wifi is considerably more burdensome than the other two in my experience)
    • location settings (GPS) will often have a "high accuracy" mode that uses bluetooth and wifi in addition to GPS - turn this OFF and simply use "normal" or "regular" GPS 
  • use a dark wallpaper (background image) - the darker the better - I simply use solid black. This is a really big one that most people don't seem to be aware of. Your screen is usually one of the top 3 processes in terms of battery use. Going from a bright/fairly bright background image to black can add many hours of battery life
  • avoid chargers advertising reduced charge times ("quick-charge")
  • "shallow-cycle" your battery (e.g. instead of cycling it from 100% -> 10% cycle it from 100% ->30%)
  • to whatever extent you can, keep the battery cool (this a much bigger issue for laptops) 
  • source

#4 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

Hi,

I just want to know that how can i protect my mobile phone battery.

Sounds like you are asking how to be gentle to you battery not how to conserve battery power for today. Cool

For Lithium Ion batteries:

1/ Don't drain them excessively daily. Li-Ion batteries don't like to be deep discharged.

2/ Don't leave them on charge once full. This is also something Li-Ion batteries don't like.

1 and 2 can be avoided by not draining the battery down during the day, frequent charging is better. 

Most people drain their phones down to 20% and then put them on the charger and go to bed. The phone is charged in 2 hours with 6 hours of extra. This stresses the battery with excessive draining and charging.

Li-Ion don't suffer from the memory effect. The more they are drained the shorter overall life span they have.

3/ Slow charging is better then fast charging.

Buying an extra battery is a suckers game as a battery starts degrading as soon as it's manufactured. But if your battery is a few years old and having issues by all means find a replacement.

History:

The memory effect is mostly a myth. It was noticed on the ISS because the onboard batteries were being drain and recharged at the same rate daily. Constant power drain with constant orbit and solar recharging. This isn't likely to happen on Earth for the average person.

#5 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

• remove/block/disable unused apps (it's not so much the apps themselves as it is their likely background activity)
  • turn off wifi/bluetooth/GPS when not in use (wifi is considerably more burdensome than the other two in my experience)
    • location settings (GPS) will often have a "high accuracy" mode that uses bluetooth and wifi in addition to GPS - turn this OFF and simply use "normal" or "regular" GPS 
  • use a dark wallpaper (background image) - the darker the better - I simply use solid black. This is a really big one that most people don't seem to be aware of. Your screen is usually one of the top 3 processes in terms of battery use. Going from a bright/fairly bright background image to black can add many hours of battery life
  • avoid chargers advertising reduced charge times ("quick-charge")
  • "shallow-cycle" your battery (e.g. instead of cycling it from 100% -> 10% cycle it from 100% ->30%)
  • to whatever extent you can, keep the battery cool (this a much bigger issue for laptops) 
  • source

Down to 30% is shallow discharge? Anything below 50% is damaging to a battery.

#6 MichaelJD

MichaelJD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:54 AM

You can

• Uninstall apps you believe work on the background
  • Disable background data
  • Pause apps you rarely use
  • Your mobile data, it should be off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phones