3 replies to this topic

#1 Dryden

Dryden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

looking for opinions on a flashlight

I'am a mechanic and I'm looking for a flashlight, it needs to be very durable. needs to be bright and also compact to get into tight places. side button or button on back no twist on. pocket clip is a bonus or spot to put a pocket clip. something with common batteries would be awesome. semi water proof would also be a good idea. I'm looking to spend around the $40-$60 range. thanks 

#2 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

Foursevens Preon P2.

$48 on Amazon, 200 lumens, uses 2 common AAA batteries, and is very slim. Has a fantastic pocket clip, water resistant, and durable aluminum construction. It's no Elzetta light, but I think it should be plenty durable for your uses.

They also make an even smaller (Preon P1) version which uses just 1 AAA, but it comes with a twist-on interface. (However, the tail cap is interchangeable between the P1and the P2, so you could configure the smaller one to have a click-on tail cap)

#3 Dryden

Dryden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

Foursevens Preon P2.

$48 on Amazon, 200 lumens, uses 2 common AAA batteries, and is very slim. Has a fantastic pocket clip, water resistant, and durable aluminum construction. It's no Elzetta light, but I think it should be plenty durable for your uses.

They also make an even smaller (Preon P1) version which uses just 1 AAA, but it comes with a twist-on interface. (However, the tail cap is interchangeable between the P1and the P2, so you could configure the smaller one to have a click-on tail cap)

Thanks so much for the help

• Nathaniel P likes this

#4 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

Look at the Olight S1 Baton. It has a side switch, waterproof with a magnetic tail cap and pocket clip. It's a very small pocketable light and cranks up to 500 lumens. It runs off a CR123 battery so not quite a common battery but easy enough to find. It's an outstanding light. I have both the standard S1 Baton and the limited edition S Mini. Olight also makes the S1R that comes with a rechargeable battery and charger. That one cranks up to 900 lumens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users