#1 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

Let me say from the outset that disorientating someone with a bright light to their eyes is not my ideal self defense option.  However, if you live in a city like mine, you can wind up getting hauled in along with the perp if you are found to have any of a host "weapons".  Carry permits are extremely difficult to obtain, forget about a knife of any size or orientation, a collapsible baton will get you a host of legal woes.

Obviously avoiding trouble is the best option, but if you wanted to momentarily disorient someone with a bright light what would be your recommendation.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

There may be better options now but I really like the Nitecore SRT series. For one thing I'm incredibly biased towards the magnetic ring selector UI, for another, you can pre-select strobe so you're ready to go when SHTF.

• John likes this

#3 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

There may be better options now but I really like the Nitecore SRT series. For one thing I'm incredibly biased towards the magnetic ring selector UI, for another, you can pre-select strobe so you're ready to go when SHTF.

Thanks Mikey.

#4 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

Mikey,

Do you prefer the Nitecore SRT to the Nitecore TMO3 you mentioned in your watch, light, knife buying guide a few days ago?
Thanks.

#5 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Mickey,

Do you prefer the Nitecore SRT to the Nitecore TMO3 you mentioned in your watch, light, knife buying guide a few days ago?

Thanks.

Yup, I'd probably still go SRT. I really do like the magnetic UI. :)

#6 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

Yup, I'd probably still go SRT. I really do like the magnetic UI. :)

Last question on this Mikey. Which SRT would you recommend? The 7, 6, etc.?
Thanks.

#7 Ava Barnes

Ava Barnes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

My father had this ZAP Stun Gun with Flashlight and rechargeable batteries he bought from Atlanta Cutlery Corp. It had 1,000,000 Volt power with a built in battery. When fully charged it lasted up to around 1.5 months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users