12 replies to this topic

#1 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hey guys, anyone else here a fan of Citizen watches? I have six now and think they're pretty great. Never had any problems with them and they keep great time.

#2 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hey guys, anyone else here a fan of Citizen watches? I have six now and think they're pretty great. Never had any problems with them and they keep great time.

They are! I have a few myself.

• Mason Delpino likes this

Follow me on Instagram! Wallets&Whiskey | Post your photos on Reddit!

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

I have a Ecodrive military with the canvas NATO strap..great watch.

#4 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

Nice! Feel free at any time to post some pics of them, too! Gundose, I know you take fantastic photos haha

#5 Adam Douglas

Adam Douglas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

The old divers' watches are highly collectable, like the 52-0110 with the square markers. The Citizen Auto-Dater from the 60s has a pretty unique rotary-gear automatic mechanism. One of my old favorites is a manual-wind Citizen Newmaster from the early 70s with a metallic blue dial.

#6 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

The old divers' watches are highly collectable, like the 52-0110 with the square markers. The Citizen Auto-Dater from the 60s has a pretty unique rotary-gear automatic mechanism. One of my old favorites is a manual-wind Citizen Newmaster from the early 70s with a metallic blue dial.

I thought about getting a Citizen Black Orca, but I know the automatic divers Citizens are really cool.

#7 Brian Holliday

Brian Holliday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

Here is my Citizen Eco-Drive ⌚️

#8 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Here is my Citizen Eco-Drive ⌚️

Boooo! Haha just kidding.. My philosophy is everyone should have what works for them!

#9 Tars Talsma

Tars Talsma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

I have a citizen eco drive i got tax free on vancouver airport in '09 about a year ago i bought a suunto core but i still swap to the citizen when i go full suit.

I just need to remember to keep it in the light hehe.

#10 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

I have a citizen eco drive i got tax free on vancouver airport in '09 about a year ago i bought a suunto core but i still swap to the citizen when i go full suit.

I just need to remember to keep it in the light hehe.

Nice- how long does the battery in your Suunto last? Also, most Citizens have a 6 month power reserve, so as long as you take it out of the dark every 6 months and leave it in the light for a day, it should last a very long time!

#11 Tars Talsma

Tars Talsma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:49 AM

Nice- how long does the battery in your Suunto last? Also, most Citizens have a 6 month power reserve, so as long as you take it out of the dark every 6 months and leave it in the light for a day, it should last a very long time!

I got the Suunto about 1 year and 3 to 5 months ago and it's still going.
I haven't used the compass a lot, that's supposedly a big energy hog.

I didn't use the Citizen for 3/4 year and noticed it stopped, so i keep it in it's original box, opened in a window still :)

#12 Mr_Garth

Mr_Garth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:19 AM

I have an old Citizen Ana-digi - one the early ones from '81. It has been in storage for many, many years. Unfortunately it does not run and local shop could not fix it. Most probably it is some minor thing that ol skool person would fix in a sec, but I'm yet to locate one

-Garth

#13 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

I got the Suunto about 1 year and 3 to 5 months ago and it's still going.
I haven't used the compass a lot, that's supposedly a big energy hog.

I didn't use the Citizen for 3/4 year and noticed it stopped, so i keep it in it's original box, opened in a window still :)

One of my friends has one and he was complaining about the battery not lasting long, so I was just wondering if it was isolated or if most users didn't get the expected battery life out of them. There you go! It should keep ticking a long time there on that windowsill!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users