27 replies to this topic

#21 HenryBowman

HenryBowman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

I'll throw in Crossbreed super tuck deluxe as I've been using one for the last 4 years and am very happy with it. 

Plus 1 Vote for the Super Tuck from Crossbreed.  It's comfortable, doesn't print, and an excellent holster.\

#22 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

I picked up a Ruger SR9-C some time back and carry it whenever I go IWB. I can't make a recommendation as to what you might like. Go shoot a bunch and make an informed decision. Lots of people love Glocks but I have a devil of a time shooting them, so they're a no go for me. Aside from that, It's my personal opinion that after decades of holster horrors and probably thousands of dollars in trying every damned holster ever made trying to find one that works for concealment, CROOSBREED hit it dead on the money. As others have stated, the Super Tuck is pure heaven to wear and makes a pistol go away like magic. 

• Matt likes this

#23 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

One thing I'll say about the Crossbreed from experience - minor discomfort will exist when you wear it for a short while, as the leather becomes soft and supple and conforms to both your body shape and the shape of the pistol. After about six months of daily carry - probably less - it will disappear on your belt.

Top: new mini-tuck (Ruger LCP II)

Bottom: mini-tuck after roughly a year of daily wear (Sig P938)

Both horse hide.

IMG_0770_zpspeiknzdd.jpg

#24 Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBetween Ferguson and a radioactive landfill fire. No, really.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

Both horse hide.

Horsehide FTW - Good stuff.

• Matt likes this

#25 Zezlan

Zezlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

I actually own and carry 3 different pistols dependent on attire and situation. For summer wear of shorts and a t-shirt,  I carry my Sig p938 "cocked & locked" as it is the smallest and lightest carry I own. For jeans and a t-shirt or button up, I go with my brand new Springfield XDE as it is just slightly larger and gives me a few extra rounds while still being quite small. For winter carry where I most likely will have on a long sleeve shirt plus a hoody or jacket, I carry my Springfield XD Mod2 since it has twice the ammo capacity as the other two. All 3 options are in 9mm.

Capacity is an important factor for me, largely based upon what attire an aggressor may be wearing. In winter, it may take it 2-3 rounds to get through multiple heavy layers vs summer wear of shorts and a tank top.

Btw, first post and big fan of the site.

• Dee likes this

#26 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I myself who live in S. Florida, carry a Shield 9. I usually have cargo shorts and t-shirt so my pockets hold my magazine and knife. I feel that the 7+1 and 8+1 are more than enough to carry in this hot summer weather. I'd go 2x7+1 but I like the extension. We're summer year round so I can't comment on winter carry but the Shield 9 is solid. No issues. I am looking to get a .380 though. Especially when I head out to the pool or beach. 

#27 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

I second the ruger LC9, very nice conceal carry 9mm.

Traveling East

#28 Dennis Mia

Dennis Mia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Hello

If you don't mind spending a little more money, I would check out a Glock 43 with a Di Santis "Insider" IWB holster.  I wear this all day, everyday here in my desert state.  It is comfortable and of course you're carrying a Glock.  Probably the most reliable polymer out there.  A Sig 938 is nice but you'll have to learn the 1911 manual of arms.  It is a cock and lock pistol and it is expensive.  Just sayin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users