health travel

4 replies to this topic

#1 naomi george

naomi george

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:18 AM

Hi, any tips to share or suggest while travelling? I am badly in need of a suggestion in regards to the steps that is to be taken care.I was diagnosed with varicose vein by my doc at Vaughan vein clinic ( http://www.vaughanve...einclinic.com/ )and has asked to undergo treatment for the same. But we already planned for a bike ride,a long one and canceling now is not at all practical at this time. So all I want to know is the tips and things that I should be taking care while traveling in this situation. I am badly in need of a suggestion. Can anyone here just tell me the things that are to be taken care while riding? Will riding cause any problem in this situation? The thing is, I want to convince my parents prior to the ride. So any tips to share? 

#2 aloedrink

aloedrink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

In the trip also pay attention to add water and vitamins, I know there is a healthy aloe vera gel juice easy to be carry, it is suitable for travel time to add energy.

#3 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

First, I'd advice you to talk with the vein doctor and get his advice. Without knowing your medical history (clothing factors, family history, diet, blood thinners or other medicines) and even how large / placement of the varicose vein, I'm not sure any of us would be doing more than making a guess. I know that some are very stable and others can be broken easily. Having said all that I would want to have available a good medical kit with some kind of quick clot product. I   like adventure medical kit http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/  and quickclot (which you can find on this site too.)

#4 Belinda Fullmer

Belinda Fullmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for sharing great tips.

#5 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip