405 replies to this topic

#41 MTBoxer

MTBoxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

I would EDC if I could.  Almost impossible in California. Id pack my Glock 19 or Glock 23.  Maybe some day......

#42 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:06 AM

Thought I'd keep this one going a bit...

We bought my wife's gun last weekend.  I went in with intent to get her something more designed to fit her tiny hands....small and light with decent capacity, probably a 380 of some sort.  We left with the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield.  I actually think I like it more than she does.  My Glock may collect a bit of dust!  The only other firearm I've been looking into lately is the Ruger LCRX.  I have a thing for revolvers, especially if it's a lightweight .38 Special.  Might be a birthday gift to myself!

I have always had a love affair with revolvers; especially little .38s. It's like they have more class or something. Always lusted after a Smith & Wesson TRR8 and something from North American Arms as well.

#43 Adam Tracksler

Adam Tracksler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

I had a TRR8 for a while, and it was an amazing gun. Sold it to send our neice to college, but it was a dandy.

I don't carry every day, since I'm mostly in the office, but carry a Charter 22 revolver. Im a revolver/lever gun guy. My 1911/benchmade loving brother in law calls everything i have "Old Man Tactical". Its a joking compliment. My knives always open... just a little slower than his flippers. My 686 is 1 round short of his 1911, but never jams.... 

Maybe we should start a thread of tried and a true daily carry things called "Old Man Tactical"

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus, Marc and 3 others like this

#44 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

I had a TRR8 for a while, and it was an amazing gun. Sold it to send our neice to college, but it was a dandy.

I don't carry every day, since I'm mostly in the office, but carry a Charter 22 revolver. Im a revolver/lever gun guy. My 1911/benchmade loving brother in law calls everything i have "Old Man Tactical". Its a joking compliment. My knives always open... just a little slower than his flippers. My 686 is 1 round short of his 1911, but never jams....

Maybe we should start a thread of tried and a true daily carry things called "Old Man Tactical"

I love the phrase "Old Man Tactical". Love it. Let's not forget there was a time you could get a Thompson by mail order...

Also, great on you For what you did selling that gun. You sir are obviously of good "calibre"...a-ha!
  • Marc, Chanaski and VINCE like this

#45 James Caro

James Caro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

HI guys no firearms for us in the UK....but have taken in the car... samurai swords, Chinese double edged sword, Sai's, 6ft staff, 4 foot staff, nunchaku,fixed blade knife, eskrima sticks and whip chain and bb gun (for close in gun techniques)....for martial arts practice in classes I teach I must add....not an every day carry :)
Would love to own a gun though, used to be a member of a pistol club years ago....must take it up again sometime I loved it ! :)
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#46 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Not old enough to own a handgun, but am looking into getting one when I'm old enough (this summer haha). I really want a revolver that is concealed-carry friendly. I've been looking at the Rhino 50ds 5" made by Chiappa Firearms, as well as a more traditional S&W Model M&P340 CT. The S&W and the Rhino both fire in either .357 or .38 Special.Rhino.jpghttp://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus, Chris Szaroleta and 1 other like this

#47 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

Not old enough to own a handgun, but am looking into getting one when I'm old enough (this summer haha). I really want a revolver that is concealed-carry friendly. I've been looking at the Rhino 50ds 5" made by Chiappa Firearms, as well as a more traditional S&W Model M&P340 CT. The S&W and the Rhino both fire in either .357 or .38 Special.Rhino.jpghttp://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

Crazy- I have both these guns!

(Well, I have the 200DS, which is the smaller version of the above)

I can tell you that the chiappa is not very carry friendly. It looks like its small, but its pretty heavy and has some girth on it.

Your other choice is most excellent and is my preferred piece. I actually would have preferred the 360CT (exposed hammer) but it wasnt available. That said, its a awesome, super concealable gun. I prefer it to any automatic, and I own a rohrbaugh r9 which never gets carried for that reason.

I carry it with 4 shots of 38+p and 1 round of 357 - The 357 is the last round to fire. I do this, because follow up shots with the 357 is completely impossible with this gun.

#48 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

that is a very large pistol to carry all the time.

#49 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Not old enough to own a handgun, but am looking into getting one when I'm old enough (this summer haha). I really want a revolver that is concealed-carry friendly. I've been looking at the Rhino 50ds 5" made by Chiappa Firearms, as well as a more traditional S&W Model M&P340 CT. The S&W and the Rhino both fire in either .357 or .38 Special.Rhino.jpghttp://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

Gool guns, but that one is biiiig. Chiappa make some very cool weapons. The Triple Threat would be on my list if I ever go back for my gun license. I share what seems to be your love of revolvers, but for maximum comfort and concealability, you'd be best looking in the Smith & Wesson Shield direction.
  • Mason Delpino likes this

#50 darryl warren

darryl warren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

Winter carry is Ruger LCR 357

Summer is either Smith and Wesson Body guard 380 or Kel Tec PF9

Sunday (Church) carry is NAA Black Jack II 22 WMR

• Stupendous Walrus and J Wagner III like this

#51 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

HI guys no firearms for us in the UK....but have taken in the car... samurai swords, Chinese double edged sword, Sai's, 6ft staff, 4 foot staff, nunchaku,fixed blade knife, eskrima sticks and whip chain and bb gun (for close in gun techniques)....for martial arts practice in classes I teach I must add....not an every day carry :)
Would love to own a gun though, used to be a member of a pistol club years ago....must take it up again sometime I loved it ! :)

Reading this, James, all I could think was...James robbed the Ninja Turtles!  Haha!!   :D

• Vanessa Kitty likes this

#52 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

That is a jumbo firearm!  Both in size and caliber.  You'd be ready for just about anything, including an elephant stampede!

• Mason Delpino likes this

#53 Adam Tracksler

Adam Tracksler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

Chiappa Rhinos have an undeniable "Buck Rodgers/Flash Gordon" quality that is hard to resist... Its on my wish list after the Desert Eagle in 357...

• Vanessa Kitty likes this

#54 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

Chiappa Rhinos have an undeniable "Buck Rodgers/Flash Gordon" quality that is hard to resist... Its on my wish list after the Desert Eagle in 357...

I had the opportunity to hold and shoot a Desert Eagle way back.  Definitely a nice show piece, but certainly not something you want to carry around.  On the other hand, it's so impressive that you would never have to shoot it; just pulling it out would scare the crap out of anyone around  :P

• Chris Szaroleta and Vanessa Kitty like this

#55 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Carry either one for a day and you would change your mind. If you live in a state where "printing" of your concealed carry is not allowed you would have to reconsider for sure. Another thing to consider is body type. If you are 5'4" tall and 140 lbs either of those would be tough to conceal. If you are a bigger person you can pull off a bigger gun.
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#56 Adam Tracksler

Adam Tracksler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

Carry either one for a day and you would change your mind. If you live in a state where "printing" of your concealed carry is not allowed you would have to reconsider for sure. Another thing to consider is body type. If you are 5'4" tall and 140 lbs either of those would be tough to conceal. If you are a bigger person you can pull off a bigger gun.

I'm 6'4" and 250#.

Although a teddy bear, I definitely give off the "Bad Mother F---Shut your mouth" vibe when I want to

I've concealed carried a 6" S&W 686 IWB with no problem. 

• Marc, Chris Szaroleta and Ben like this

#57 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

I'm 6'4" and 250#.

Although a teddy bear, I definitely give off the "Bad Mother F---Shut your mouth" vibe when I want to

I've concealed carried a 6" S&W 686 IWB with no problem.

I am right there with ya at 6'3" #245. But a relative of mine fits the other end of the spectrum and carries a full size Berreta 92 and you can always tell when he concealed carries. I also used to carry a 686 or a glock 21 and no one was the wiser.
  • Plumblucky1 likes this

#58 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

I am right there with ya at 6'3" #245. But a relative of mine fits the other end of the spectrum and carries a full size Berreta 92 and you can always tell when he concealed carries. I also used to carry a 686 or a glock 21 and no one was the wiser.

(((sigh)))  You guys are all tall...  <_<

• Plumblucky1 likes this

#59 Adam Tracksler

Adam Tracksler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Buying a car is a ral PITA....
  • Duff72 and Ben like this

#60 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Buying a car is a ral PITA....

Yeah, but the top shelf is nothing for you.  Haha!

• Duff72 and Marc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users