404 replies to this topic

#21 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

As a Canadian, carry is not technically impossible for civilians, but in practice it basically doesn't exist. I always enjoyed shooting whenever I had the chance growing up. I noticed on the homepage where the submitted EDCs are, you see a lot of Sig Sauer P238 and P938 pistols, which is cool. I've always loved those little guys, as well as full sized 1911s. The (relatively) new Colt CQBP is sexy as all get out.

There isn't much in the way of ranges where I live, so thus far I haven't bothered with getting a license. Just not worth it for the once or twice a year I'd get to use it. I do pay attention to the world of firearms in North America though.

On some forums and YouTube channels, there seems to be quite a bit of hate for .380 ACP, which I just don't get. Sure it's not a .357 magnum in stopping power but it's a great little carry round. Anyone care to chime in?

Also Duff72, thst CZ is hella sexy.

#22 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Thanks , I am a huge CZ fan the PCR is such a great shooter. Th VZ G10 grips really set it off in the looks dept but are also super grippy. It also has many internal parts from Cajun Gun Works. It shoots great and has very little muzzle rise thanks to the low bore axis. Here is a target at 35 ft fired off hand (15 rds) 20140212_143254.jpg
  • Stupendous Walrus likes this

#23 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Excellent shooting. That little flier, do you remember when thst happened? I.e. First round, last, mid way adjustment etc.

#24 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

1st shot
  • Stupendous Walrus and David Quevedo like this

#25 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

Gotcha. Almost a warm up shot. I've noticed in a lot of videos on YouTube that shooters of all levels of experience there is often thst "one" shot that seems to go for a walk for various reasons and is often the opening round.

#26 Griffen Kociela

Griffen Kociela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

I am 19 years old right now, so I have a couple years before I will be able to get my permit, but in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion for a good first carry gun? I am thinking that I would want to go with a fairly compact single stack 9mm like a Kahr CM9 or something similar. I have a pretty skinny build (5'11" 160lbs) so I would definitely want to start with something small and slim that would work for all seasons. Hopefully Glock will be releasing a small single stack 9mm version of the 42 tomorrow at Shot Show. Insight and tips from those of you who are experienced with concealed carry would be most welcome.

#27 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

S&W shield or the kahr are good choices. I have had both and either is a nice choice.

#28 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

The Keltec PF-9 is a popular choice as well. +1 on the Shield. Sccy pistols seem to be gaining traction as well. No experience with CC but from a recreational shooter. Just a thought. I take my leave gentlemen.

#29 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

I'll never forget when my wife and I went for our carry permits...she out shot me.  Of all the females in our class, she tied for first place.  What an embarrassment!  She'd never even shot a gun before.  Technically, she had a better opportunity for success...she was using the instructor's .22mm and I was using my Glock 19.  The extra kick throws off the aim ever-so-slightly.  I'm eyeballing the Ruger LCRX as my next carry purchase.  I REALLY like .38s and that little guy is single and double action.  Soon...

• Duff72 likes this

#30 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

I'll never forget when my wife and I went for our carry permits...she out shot me.  Of all the females in our class, she tied for first place.  What an embarrassment!  She'd never even shot a gun before.  Technically, she had a better opportunity for success...she was using the instructor's .22mm and I was using my Glock 19.  The extra kick throws off the aim ever-so-slightly.

Whatever helps you sleep at night Chris.
  • Glen, Griffen Kociela, Dom and 1 other like this

#31 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

See this is where I need extra likes. Well done good sir!!

+1 on the LCR. American friends of mine love any of their compact and sub compact models. I love Ruger products in general. Everybody should own a 10/22. Pure fun.

#32 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Dammit...  ;)

#33 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

As my teen age son would say: BURN!  LOL

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#34 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

As my teen age son would say: BURN!  LOL

Duff should've made that post with a side of aloe!

• Duff72 likes this

#35 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

You guys might like this subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Wellworn/

#36 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Please do!  Man, 1941...do you know anything about its history?  I'd be curious to know what kind of use it's seen.  We're talking WWII here!

No history on it other than my dad bought it back in 1964, way before all the restrictive laws up here. I'm not sure how much was put through it before dad got it, but he did not put more than a box or 2 through it at the most.  Since he passed it on to me (over 20yrs ago now), I only shot a few clip full.  It's in great shape and like hot loads.

• Glen and Chris Szaroleta like this

#37 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

No history on it other than my dad bought it back in 1964, way before all the restrictive laws up here. I'm not sure how much was put through it before dad got it, but he did not put more than a box or 2 through it at the most.  Since he passed it on to me (over 20yrs ago now), I only shot a few clip full.  It's in great shape and like hot loads.

I'm glad they upped our volume of likes!   :)

#38 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Thought I'd keep this one going a bit...

We bought my wife's gun last weekend.  I went in with intent to get her something more designed to fit her tiny hands....small and light with decent capacity, probably a 380 of some sort.  We left with the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield.  I actually think I like it more than she does.  My Glock may collect a bit of dust!  The only other firearm I've been looking into lately is the Ruger LCRX.  I have a thing for revolvers, especially if it's a lightweight .38 Special.  Might be a birthday gift to myself!  

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#39 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Thought I'd keep this one going a bit...

We bought my wife's gun last weekend. I went in with intent to get her something more designed to fit her tiny hands....small and light with decent capacity, probably a 380 of some sort. We left with the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. I actually think I like it more than she does. My Glock may collect a bit of dust! The only other firearm I've been looking into lately is the Ruger LCRX. I have a thing for revolvers, especially if it's a lightweight .38 Special. Might be a birthday gift to myself!

I have a shield and really like it.
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#40 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I have a shield and really like it.

All the guys at the gun shop had one on their hips.  I mean, you can't go wrong with a firearm this commonly used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users