#1 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

I just got a new shotgun for my wife, no I didn't trade her  :lol:. If I did, that would be what I'd look like without any teeth and no wife. She finally decided that she wanted a shotgun and as we try to standardize our weapons, we're the proud parents of a Mossberg 500. Now comes the fun part, customization. It came with a Insight forearm light which I'm not sure about but it was cheaper than a Surefire and this is going to be a house gun so good enough, I suppose. We can always trade up. I'm looking to go with an adjustable butt stock as she doesn't have my gorilla arms. Also want to add a way to carry extra shells and change out the sights. Any one got advice for a good priced solution to my search for bits and parts? 

#2 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Budget?

Magpul makes a stock with removable spacers for length of pull adjustment: https://www.magpul.c...g-500-590-590a1

Not sure in which way you want to carry shells, but always good to go look at Maxpedition: http://www.maxpediti...Pouches-c17.htm

#3 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the advice, my furry friend. Thinking about getting a combo pistol handle / adjustable butt stock and am trying to keep the shells close to hand, maybe a sidesaddle arrangement. Trying to keep the add on budget to around $100 to $150.

Edited by WallyGator, 17 August 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#4 jacksbuddy

jacksbuddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

One thing I would suggest you get for her shotgun is a ported barrel.  Yeas, you will need to invest in some solid ear protection, but the ported barrel makes a world of difference in the amount of kick in the firearm.  An added plus for this is the fact that if,
God forbid, you ever had to shoot this thing in the house at an intruder; You would effectively wake the entire neighborhood, alert the local and county police (Heck, a ported barrel is pretty loud, so alerting the State Police isn't beyond the realm of possibilities), cause the kids to scream, and cause the dogs to bark and come to your rescue.  All of which is good for you, but bad for the intruder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shotgun, Firearms, Mossberg, Wives, Firearm Modifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users