OEM bags pouches knives gears

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mightor

Mightor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

While browsing for gears online, I stumbled upon lots and lots of OEM stuff. From tacpens, firestarters, pouches, bags and knives. If I search more I can probably see every brands' OEM. 

In the next few months, I'll get a OEM of (5.11) Tactical Rush 24 back pack. It's the same bag minus the 511 logo. I'd love to get the real thing, but the price of the OEM is way far from the branded pack.

What's your take on OEM products? 

"Smile and Look Alive"

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 859 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Personally I don't mind OEM products as long as they don't do 2 things:

1. Rip off original creators (Lumintop and Prometheus come to mind)
  2. Not be my primary EDC when shit hits the fan, meaning it's not something I'm going to primarily depend on for its intended purpose.

Like if I'm just moving around town I'd be OK with an OEM tac backpack or pouch, but for an actual emergency go bag? I'd put money into a QA'd product. Knives and flashlights in particular, you definitely get what you pay for--I've had way too many hardware shop cheapos break in my hand.

• Mightor likes this

#3 Mightor

Mightor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Mikey.

Agree on both points. Well I guess I got a few months to think (or save) if I'll go with the real thing.

Great site btw. Glad this was separated from Tumblr.

"Smile and Look Alive"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OEM, bags, pouches, knives, gears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users