Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Should the site more legitimatly be called "Cool Stuff I Own & want to Show Off"?

6 replies to this topic

#1 nipp0n

nipp0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

While I come here most days to check out the newly posted carries and envy and sometimes purchase some of the items, I have to admit to a certain irritation when carries have 2, 3 or more pocket knives, multiple fountain pens, sun glasses, etc.  The site is after all called "Everyday Carry".

Is it just me?

Thanks

Nippon

#2 James

James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

A lot of people who are into this as a hobby have multiple items of the same genre that they rotate out based on wardrobe or general whimsy.
  • John, Mikey Bautista, Andrew Cohen and 2 others like this

#3 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

I agree with the rotation comment. Certain things are set for me every day, like my wallet, keys and phone. But I like to customize my daily sharp things dependent on my plans and mood. I will say that all of my pointy cutty tools operate in the same manner, so I never confuse my muscle memory (my other memory gets plenty confused, just ask Mrs. Fox).
  • Roger Heath likes this

#4 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

I'm of the opinion that wanting to show off the cool stuff one has discovered while developing their EDC isn't a bad thing.  I mean, that's a big part of why I come here - to get ideas for upgrades and additions to my own EDCs.

I enjoy seeing the posts with lots of duplication for that reason; I don't really care if they actually carry 20 lbs worth of knives and flashlights every day, or if they rotate among them... or even just leave them all in a drawer between taking pictures for posts.

And, yeah... if you choose to get irritated or offended by the apparent excess of others, this may not be the right website for you to frequent.

• John likes this

#5 Stentorian

Stentorian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

I rotate my multitools and knives.  I also rotate my watchbands and whatever ring I'm wearing to match my shoes, which might number in the 10-12 pair range (not including sports shoes).  Okay, just kidding.  A little.

But yeah, rotation is a thing.  I do it.  When I finally decide on a first (then second) carry gun, I'll probably rotate those out too, but not based on matching my shoes, I promise.  :lol:

#6 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

I'm with the rotation group here, but I like to make posts of the different carries I have instead of having one carry with like 10 of every item.

#7 Aaron Pierce

Aaron Pierce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

Wow! I wish I had seen this post before I went off on my rant. LoL...I agree with you totally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users