#1 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

I recently received the Lever Gear Toolcard in the mail having participated in their Kickstarter campaign.  While I have not had the opportunity to put it through all the paces, I like what I have seen so far.  I was curious if anyone else owns one.

http://levergear.com/

I was looking for a slim, card shaped (I removed the clip, which is easily done), well made,TSA safe, multi tool and this seems to be it.

I made the mistake of getting the Zootility WildCard earlier in the year (also on their Kickstarter campaign) and that has sat in my drawer after a short while of using it, I was truly unhappy with that tool.  I feel like that product was more gimmicky, while this Lever Gear Toolcard is a truly functional, card shaped multi tool. 

• Andrew Cohen likes this

#2 ElGiganteJake

ElGiganteJake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

Just got mine in the mail.  I'm impressed so far.

#3 Jeffrey Guerzon

Jeffrey Guerzon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

I had mine at late September and I had used it as a wallet, a screwdriver, can opener, wrench, ruler and i find it very sturdy.

I am very happy with it.

#4 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

If anyone has an interest in obtaining one of these the company is running a one year anniversary deal on Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.c...MDRRG8D63JTEJKK

I am a big fan of this tool card, it is my go to TSA compliant tool for air travel, I keep one in my kid's hockey bag, it is extremely well made.

The deal is for the card without the money clip but I removed mine as soon as I got it as I am always seeking as little bulk as possible.  You can carry this in your pocket and completely forget its there.

https://levergear.com/

From an e-mail they sent out this morning:

"This week marks both the one year anniversary of our Kickstarter launch and our official kick-off as sellers on Amazon. To celebrate these big milestones for our small business, we're having a one-time Amazon flash sale on silver cards (no money clip) starting today!

Now 'til Saturday, get a silver

Toolcard on Amazon for just $20!"

#5 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Awesome, I'll check it out.

There are so many wallet card multi-tools though at a fraction of the price. It's hard to tell which is the better.

The Ranger Gear Card is $6

SurvivalMulti-tool1_1024x1024.jpeg?v=145

The PocketMonkey for $12

zootility_web_pmdlx_centered_1_001ee205-

The Wallet Ninja for $6

NINJA-front_grande.jpg?v=1477492746

For $19 what makes it better than the rest? Not making fun of the product as I'm truly interested, but I have the 3 and like 5 others on a list that I've been debating on which to choose.

#6 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

It's lighter than the others, except for the pocket monkey (same weight). If you actually carrying it on your wallet and you like slim wallets, I guess those 0,6 ounces count. It also has lots of wrench sizes, if thats your thing, and a nail puller. 

If you're into money clips its a great option, I though about using it in a slim wallet so I could carry money on the outside.

Besides, looks cooler than the others, imo.

EDC

#7 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

I agree it looks so much better with a great tool set.

My current wallet is from FNDN Detroit so it will go in one of the outer slots. An AMAZING wallet btw.

BLUE_WALLET_SIDE1_large.png?v=1449708241

With an average of 8 cards in my wallet it's not heavy at all, so I doubt the Lever or any tool card will add significant weight, though something definitely to consider.

I'm more concerned with thickness. What would you compare the thickness to? One credit card? Two credits cards?

#8 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

I've had those in the past and have never found them to be all that useful. Have you ever tried tightening or loosening anything with them? Opening a can? Reflecting light to signal? Heck, just trying to cut cord to build a shelter is an adventure. They do open a bottle pretty well though, so I guess they're not completely useless.

#9 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

They do open a bottle pretty well though, so I guess they're not completely useless.

But then again, why the heck would you pull a card out of your wallet for a bottle opener if you can have a better one on your keychain?

I kinda agree with you, the multitool card is something that looks good on paper but is quite unpractical. I have one on my EDC pouch though, that I use to wrap some duct tape.

• John likes this

EDC

#10 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

I think you have to take them for what they are, a relatively inexpensive, TSA compliant, multi tool that takes up minimal space and adds virtually no weight. You are not undertaking a project with one of these things, you are tightening or loosening screws, prying something, etc. I always fly with one and have passed one around at my kids hockey games countless times for parents needing to make minor helmet repairs. I have a Gerber Shard but rather than giving someone my keys, I just toss them the Lever Card.
  • Dydimus likes this

#11 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

I agree it looks so much better with a great tool set.

My current wallet is from FNDN Detroit so it will go in one of the outer slots. An AMAZING wallet btw.

BLUE_WALLET_SIDE1_large.png?v=1449708241

With an average of 8 cards in my wallet it's not heavy at all, so I doubt the Lever or any tool card will add significant weight, though something definitely to consider.

I'm more concerned with thickness. What would you compare the thickness to? One credit card? Two credits cards?

One credit card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users