Fisher Space Pen

18 replies to this topic

#1 Devin

Devin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:48 AM

I am interested in a fisher space pen but are they all they are made out to be?

#2 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

They are what they are made out to be, small, reliable, affordable, nothing fancy.

I cant stand any bulk in my pockets and I find its the ideal way to always have a pen on hand and not even notice its there.

• Mike likes this

#3 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

Thread moved to correct forum. 

#4 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

In a word- Yes. I am a fountain pen/writing instrument geek, but if I had to choose a single writing instrument to use for the rest of my life for all purposes, it would be a showdown between a double headed Sharpie and a Space pen for practicality's sake.

Also, Spacepen refills fit into a a lot of other pens. They even come with a detachable end cap so it fits where a gel refill would. I have several Sensa pens with the Fisher refill in them. The bodies are comfortable, have some class, and the fills are bullet proof. The Spacepens themselves are sturdy, take up little to no pocket space, and show some class themselves as well as functionality. Very much worth the money.

#5 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:01 AM

I've carried one since my brother (a former Corrections Officer in a very tough prison) showed me how to use one as a pain compliance tool several years ago. Oh, and they write nice too.
  • Nathaniel P and Andrew Cohen like this

#6 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Simply put: yes.

They're pretty darn cool. I gifted one just recently out of my own collection of scribbly things.

#7 Joseph Coulam

Joseph Coulam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

I agree. I have the Fisher Space pen Infinium. A bit on the pricey side but love the way the pen writes and feels in my hand.

#8 Mitch

Mitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

I bought the bullet Fisher space pen and it's just been nice to have a pen on me. I've never carried one before, but now that I've carried one, it makes sense to never be without a pen. Does it have to be a Fisher space pen? I don't really think so. It writes well. But every pen that puts ink on paper "writes well" in my opinion. Maybe I'm just not that passionate about pens, but it's only a pen! It's cool that it folds up and fits in a pocket and you don't feel it.

#9 Stentorian

Stentorian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

I recently bought a space pen with a rubbery tablet tip on the end of the cap.  So far it has been more consistent and more reliable than other pens I've had.  It is very short when capped, but when you put the cap on the end of the pen to write, then the pen is of average length and is very comfortable to hold and write with.

Opposite of my fountain pen, I just wish the space pen would write a little "wetter", with lines that look sharper and darker, more like your average gel pen or even like a Papermate "Inkjoy" pen.

• I guess the Inkjoy line is my standard for "quality of line".  I love how solid, sharp, and dark the lines are, and especially how they don't soak through even the thinnest paper (so far). 

• The Space Pen would be my standard for "always writes".

I wish I could have both in the same pen!

Another pen that seems to be amazingly good is the Avantstyle, which is a dirt-cheap clicky model I got at Staples (I think) just for grins (I was already there for something else).  Both the blue and black (both medium) write very nicely, although I haven't had them for long enough to be able to grade their reliability.

I'm also interested in "tactical pens", but like wallets and key organizers, EDC has way too many Quickstarters and way too few "ready for immediate sale", so I kind of gave up on them for now.

#10 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

Yes, space pens are very reliable and durable. Unfortunately I lost the one I had (a black one without a clip), so I got a M4B - Non-Reflective Military Matte Black Cap-O-Matic Space Pen (black pen with a clicky function to operate). Very happy with it so far

• TonySal likes this

#11 TonySal

TonySal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

Like the little black matte one too. Took off the clip (had it on Real good too!). Would like to brighten my initials back up without ruining the black finish?

#12 whosaidjazz

whosaidjazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

Is there a Space Pen that comes with a keyring attachment? I've seen them in pics but I think they're all special mods people have done.

• TonySal likes this

#13 TonySal

TonySal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

I think you are corrrct in that the ring is a mod.
I s**k at power tools, like Homer Simpson so mine remains un-modded...

#14 Eaton

Eaton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:07 AM

Is there a Space Pen that comes with a keyring attachment? I've seen them in pics but I think they're all special mods people have done.

Yes,  http://www.spacepen....inspacepen.aspx

• Scott Johnson likes this

#15 Jan Nacis

Jan Nacis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

i recently got a fisher space pen bullet in matte black,it writes really nice.i write a lot in my journal,and this pen feels nice as it glides through paper. buying another one soon

#16 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

I recently bought a Fisher Cap 0' Matic, cant wait to get it. I really liked the trekker and bullet, but since I mainly write at work and usually in a hurry, I know Ill lose the cap. 

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#17 Jac Zagoory

Jac Zagoory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

I carry the 400JR its the bullet style with the Jump Ring. I have it set up on a chain right now and carry it on my neck, love how much it surprises people when I take it out.

#18 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

I'm happy with my space pen refill but it's not in a space pen body. This is what it's in...

The clip is strong and almost 2 inches wide so I carry it on my belt.

Attached File  SAM_0580.JPG   209.64KB   0 downloads

#19 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

I carry two on me every day. I never have to scribble to start the ink, and it never skips while writing. Not the most elegant ink flow or presentation, but always gets the job done. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users