Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Good option for sunglasses to go OVER Rx glasses?

Glasses Sunglasses

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

I am trying to find a good option for some sunglasses to go over my prescription glasses for when me and my wife go on our honeymoon next month (we eloped cause the wedding planning was WAY too much stress)

We are have a lodge booked and are going to do some fishing and hiking in Arkansas so I'm trying to find something with good sun coverage. Right now I just use some clip on sunglasses but they don't do great if I'm in the direct sun long.

I've thought about Rx sunglasses but they are so expensive.
Thanks for any help.

#2 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:28 AM

Have you looked at Warby Parker for inexpensive glasses? They've gone up a bit since I last looked at them, and they now do progressives- https://www.warbyparker.com/ The price for frames and lenses start around $150, including shades.  Also, do you have Costco near you? Bring in your Rx and they have some durable frames they can fill for not too much. And, if you do outdoor work, you can write them off as a work expense. Good luck. Congratulations on your marriage (I understand about eloping. Fortunately, the M.I.L. only came into town a couple days before the wedding.). Have a great honeymoon.

• Jonny likes this

#3 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Have you looked at Warby Parker for inexpensive glasses? They've gone up a bit since I last looked at them, and they now do progressives- https://www.warbyparker.com/ The price for frames and lenses start around $150, including shades.  Also, do you have Costco near you? Bring in your Rx and they have some durable frames they can fill for not too much. And, if you do outdoor work, you can write them off as a work expense. Good luck. Congratulations on your marriage (I understand about eloping. Fortunately, the M.I.L. only came into town a couple days before the wedding.). Have a great honeymoon.

Thanks, I will look into those.

#4 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

I ended up getting a pair of Rx polarized sport sunglasses from ZenniOptical.com for $30 and change. I could have paid $50+ to get aviators (my preference) but money is tight so sport sunglasses it is.

#5 Lydia Lopez

Lydia Lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

This is really nice.. Thanks.

#6 henrycalvin

henrycalvin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:58 AM

It would be good if some one post some pictures of these glasses,  But i think polarized sunglasses are trending now days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glasses, Sunglasses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users