what ones do you guys recommened ?

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

My brother just bought the Garmin fenix 3 and that's pretty much the highest end one you can get. That said, for $22 bucks, Xiaomi's releasing an interesting little number soon.

#3 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:24 PM

I really like the new Fitbit Alta. its stylish, has some pretty good smart watch functionality. But I just can't justify purchasing it when i have an Apple Watch You can't go wrong with a fitbit. It has the biggest community to compare your workout with.

#4 Punisher

Punisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

thanks darren

#5 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

I have the Fitbit Charge HR and it does exactly what it's advertised to do. No complaints besides syncing issues but that's pretty common with any kind of sync/tracking device. Besides the heart rate monitor, if you feel you need that, the benefit of the Charge HR over the Charge is the HR uses a clasp system like a watch which feels more secured. I got the HR a year before the Alta came out and I think I would get the Alta if I ever wanted to switch it up. I really don't need the HR feature after all. Compare them here.

#6 chorpie

chorpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

My brother just bought the Garmin fenix 3 and that's pretty much the highest end one you can get. That said, for $22 bucks, Xiaomi's releasing an interesting little number soon.

My friend has one of these, and it's a really slick watch. Very stylish. He uses it to track his cycling, running, and hiking.

#7 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

My friend has one of these, and it's a really slick watch. Very stylish. He uses it to track his cycling, running, and hiking.

I think it's harder to find what it DOESN'T track than what it does, that thing is amazing!

#8 chorpie

chorpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

I think it's harder to find what it DOESN'T track than what it does, that thing is amazing!

No kidding! Syncs with heart rate monitors, too, compass/altimeter/barometer.. I went to go buy one as soon as I saw my friend's (he has the sapphire model) but then I saw the price and my enthusiasm died :)

#9 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

No kidding! Syncs with heart rate monitors, too, compass/altimeter/barometer.. I went to go buy one as soon as I saw my friend's (he has the sapphire model) but then I saw the price and my enthusiasm died :)

Haha yep, too much for the likes of me. :P

#10 piercedtiger

piercedtiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

I always have my phone on me so I don't bother with fitbit (even though my employer's health plan can track and discount that) or with a watch of any sort. So with just the phone I use Samsung's S Health. Learned about it when I had an S3, then used it on the Note 3, now it's on my Droid Turbo 2. I've been using the app for probably close to 5 years now across all 3 devices and got my wife on it too.

I like the fact it tracks walking, running, hiking, cycling, food/water intake (if you enter it manually, I don't), weight (manually entered, I sometimes do), sleep cycle (automatically guesses sleep times based on the phone not moving), and daily steps.

You can set goals for daily steps, as well as workouts. As in miles to complete, duration based, building up to a specific goal (it'll prompt you to speed up or slow down to maintain or change pace, warm up, or cool down), calorie burned target, route target, or a basic workout. My wife and I generally just set something like 3 or 5 miles before strapping the phones to the handlebars of our bikes for a quick workout between my meetings. From there we can read out instantaneous speed, distance, eta, and gives audible prompts every half and 1 mile.

At the end of the workout it gives a summary with map of the route, distance, duration, speed, weather forecast, speed and elevation charts, calories burned, and more.

It won't sync with FitBit devices, but if you have an android watch of some sort I think it'll work.

#11 MichaelJD

MichaelJD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

Garmin Vivofit works perfect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users