36 replies to this topic

#21 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 784 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

Follow-up on my Incipio DualPro -- I've now dropped my phone many, many times from heights between 1 and 4 feet and the case has held up wonderfully for it. I was considering going to a MagPul like I've always wanted, but I really like the balance of soft+firm on this case and might come back to it eventually.

#22 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

Mikey, how is the rubberized surface holding up? I've seen Amazon reviews that are complaining of it wearing out quickly. I'm getting a 6 and am deciding between the NGP and Dual Pro.

#23 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 784 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

The surface is soft and susceptible to dings and scratches, but after using it since the moment I took my phone out of the box I don't think I can say it's worn in any capacity. That said I never get sweaty hands and clean it daily with alcohol and a cloth, so maybe the maintenance is helping it hold up?

It does bear repeating that I've dropped my phone from considerable (4+ feet) heights and only dings on the case to show for it, which I don't think the NGP can protect against, not to mention the bending the Plus is susceptible to.

#24 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

Great info! Thanks Mikey!

#25 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Quick followup on my new Magpul Field Case that I just received for my iPhone 6. I was slightly worried at first the case would be bulkier than I was originally aiming for, but I have to say the size is perfect. The case fits very snugly and the outer material provides a decent amount of grip, especially with the magazine-like ridges. I haven't dropped the case yet, but the bevel seems like it'll be sufficient (especially with the intelliArmor intelliGlass that I also have on it).

Sidenote: I highly recommend the intelliGlass; this is my second one and the product quality, especially the deployment process is amazing.

My favorite part about this case, largely due to what happened with my previous case (a Maxboost Vibrance), is that the buttons that cover the volume and power buttons are a part of the case mold, and not separate pieces of plastic that can come loose or break off.

keomc5Xl.jpg?1

YgFlsX7l.png?1

vcRAqx2l.jpg?1

WCyerXll.jpg?1

(Sorry for potato quality)

• Mikey Bautista and Dave like this

#26 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 784 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

Quick followup on my new Magpul Field Case that I just received for my iPhone 6. I was slightly worried at first the case would be bulkier than I was originally aiming for, but I have to say the size is perfect. The case fits very snugly and the outer material provides a decent amount of grip, especially with the magazine-like ridges. I haven't dropped the case yet, but the bevel seems like it'll be sufficient (especially with the intelliArmor intelliGlass that I also have on it).

Sidenote: I highly recommend the intelliGlass; this is my second one and the product quality, especially the deployment process is amazing.

My favorite part about this case, largely due to what happened with my previous case (a Maxboost Vibrance), is that the buttons that cover the volume and power buttons are a part of the case mold, and not separate pieces of plastic that can come loose or break off.

keomc5Xl.jpg?1

YgFlsX7l.png?1

vcRAqx2l.jpg?1

WCyerXll.jpg?1

Excellent! One thing I've been curious - does the inside of the case have any sort of padding? That's literally the only reason stopping me from getting one.

#27 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Mikey, no it doesn't. I had one for my 5s. It's just a shell that fits over the phone.

#28 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

That is unless they have changed it for the 6.

#29 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 784 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

Mikey, no it doesn't. I had one for my 5s. It's just a shell that fits over the phone.

That is unless they have changed it for the 6.

Thanks Arnie, yeah that's what I was thinking as well as there's nothing in the material that said it had impact protection. As much as I love the design I don't trust my clumsiness with such a huge phone. :P

#30 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Arnie, yeah that's what I was thinking as well as there's nothing in the material that said it had impact protection. As much as I love the design I don't trust my clumsiness with such a huge phone. :P

Yeah mine is the same, does not have any internal padding. I wonder if there's some sort of super-thin felt that you could stick in there though.

#31 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

keomc5Xl.jpg?1

YgFlsX7l.png?1

vcRAqx2l.jpg?1

WCyerXll.jpg?1

I just picked this up. Its a nice case and offers good protection without adding too much bulk. My regular case is an apple leather case and this is slightly larger. 

#32 Blalock

Blalock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

I have an IPhone 6+, and have the Otterbox Defender. Just plain ol black. Very far from fancy. Ha
It's is a bit bulky, but overall I have no problems sliding it in my jeans pocket and it not pressing on my leg. I would like something I bit smaller, but being it is a rather large phone, and working in a shop full of all kinds of foreign materials allday, along with the Texas heat it does what it should. Protect my phone.
I have been eyeing the Magpul case as Tony has, and now beleive I'll go order one and see how it works for me.
Thanks for the review Tony +1

#33 T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:35 AM

I have an iPhone 6, which has been in a slim "Decoded" case since I bought it. It slips into my pocket easily enough but I prefer to use a belt clip.

With previous iPhones I used a Sena "Magnetic Flipper" and last week I finally got one for the 6. My first reactions are a bit negative, even before adding the belt clip the case is a lot thicker than the Decoded version. I have started to wonder if I can fit the belt clip to the latter.

The two cases side by side:

9OpWJYQ.jpg

Back of the Sena with nut for belt mount kit:

4MujWSv.jpg

The two cases edge by edge:

e8ObSpN.jpg

#34 keystosuccess

keystosuccess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

i've been using a designskin f1 for my iphone 6s. works pretty well and it has this ring thing that you can use as a kickstand and makes it easier to hold. a little bulkier than i want tho

#35 Tim Kramer

Tim Kramer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Great info!

I'm getting an iPhone 6s next week and have been wondering what cases would be best. 

Has anyone out there tried this case or one like it? 

I like the idea of a wood case that is slim. I don't think I'll drop my phone that much and am looking for something really functional. 

Thoughts? Ideas?

- Tim Kramer

Social Media Content at Saddleback Leather

www.saddlebackleather.com

#36 Scotty Dp

Scotty Dp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:41 AM

Im currently using the Otterbox Symmetry case and I think its amazing i have it in black so it looks quite smart. I dont find it too bulky at all. my past case was a lifeproof, which I i found alful. 

#37 Stefan Smith

Stefan Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Otterbox defender
Good strong and substantial to get a good grip on
Also have one for my iPad mini 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users