Phone Cases: iPhone 6

36 replies to this topic

#1 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hello all, I am sure you are all fans of the smart phone & more than a fair few of you run iPhones 6.

So what phone cases are you running.

I currently have an Otterbox Symmetry which is nice, very protective however not as stylish as my previous Element Case Sector 5 Black Ops 

#2 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

I used to use a distil union stick on, I might get another one for the iphone 6.

Right now im using the official apple leather one in black

#3 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:57 AM

I was looking at the Incipio NGP as that gets quite good reviews on YouTube as the Ottorbox is massive!

I haven't heard of Distill...

#4 Tom

Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Sadly it isn't out yet, but  Evolutivelabs' Crash Guard and Rhinoshield combo looks very sleek and promising. I have the Rhinoshield  screen protector on my OPO and it's fantastic!

https://www.youtube....h?v=o2G0ULiKNuw

On their website they drop it from like 25ft onto concrete

http://www.evolutive...ages/crashguard

#5 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:31 AM

That's a fair bit of kit.

I currently have a Cygnett Tempered glass screen protector which is doing the job

#6 Jason Hall

Jason Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

I'm waiting to receive the new 6, but currently I use Spigen Tough Armor for my 5s and ordered the Spigen Slim armor for my new phone. I've been very happy with it. If I had one gripe, it's the cut-out on the back to show the Apple logo. Also, tempered glass is a must have. You can find quality ones on Amazon in the $10-15 range.

#7 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

I don't get what is with the cut out for the logo.

This is the first tempered glass protector & I love it

#8 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

I have 3 cases for my iphone 6. Every once and a while I like to switch out the case. 

Spigen NeoHybrid

Incipio NGP

Apple Leather Case (Olive Brown)- Currently using

#9 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

The Apple leather case is pretty nice, I must admit. For the future I'm looking into either a Tech21 or a Magpul.

#10 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

The Apple leather case is pretty nice, I must admit. For the future I'm looking into either a Tech21 or a Magpul.

I like the magpul also (in black) , but it's sold out everywhere.

#11 James Caro

James Caro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Hi Lee, I have the iphone 5s and love it ...being A James Bond fan I had the Sony Xperia but unfortunately I didn't take to it.
So I haves decked out the iPhone 5s in the life proof case in black it looks after my iPhone a treat ...it is waterproof to five feet protects the phone from drops and falls and is tough...I through my last job as a first response officer and also martial art teacher know the benefit of protecting your personal phone! Especially when you are rolling around on the floor ( as we most know most fights end up on the floor especially when ceasing or restraining).....and As these phones are so expensive it is best to protect them ...we all can't afford to replace them every day...and updating the content to how you want it takes forever lol!

The only problem I have with the lifeproof case is it needs a extra plug in cable for the head phones so I always make sure to carry it. I have this paired with a single security ear piece (strange I know...) but this allows me to listen to music make calls but I still have one ear free to listen and be environmentally aware!

Kind regards

James

#12 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Texas

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

A few previous posters mentioned Incipio cases - I personally like these cases a lot. I'm currently using an Incipio Atlas case for my iPhone 5. As with the Lifeproof case James mentioned, there's a headphone extension needed to keep the case waterproof, but I chose it more for it being dustproof.

In general I prefer the aesthetics of Incipio over Lifeproof.

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#13 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

Hey guys, I haven't been on for a while & missed the updates.

I recently purchased the Incipio NGP which is a great every day case, slim & looks great in black.

Though I have been tempted by the Tech21 as it is a bit brighter

#14 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hey guys, I haven't been on for a while & missed the updates.

I recently purchased the Incipio NGP which is a great every day case, slim & looks great in black.

Though I have been tempted by the Tech21 as it is a bit brighter

While I wait for Magpuls to come out locally I went with the Incipio DualPro myself. Wasn't comfortable having a soft case for a Plus, given my luck with my gear lately. :wacko:

#15 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

Hi Lee, I have the iphone 5s and love it ...being A James Bond fan I had the Sony Xperia but unfortunately I didn't take to it.
So I haves decked out the iPhone 5s in the life proof case in black it looks after my iPhone a treat ...it is waterproof to five feet protects the phone from drops and falls and is tough...I through my last job as a first response officer and also martial art teacher know the benefit of protecting your personal phone! Especially when you are rolling around on the floor ( as we most know most fights end up on the floor especially when ceasing or restraining).....and As these phones are so expensive it is best to protect them ...we all can't afford to replace them every day...and updating the content to how you want it takes forever lol!

The only problem I have with the lifeproof case is it needs a extra plug in cable for the head phones so I always make sure to carry it. I have this paired with a single security ear piece (strange I know...) but this allows me to listen to music make calls but I still have one ear free to listen and be environmentally aware!

Kind regards

James

James, use a Bluetooth earpiece, no plugs or wires to deal with. I have a Lifeproof case too.

#16 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

Mikey, although the NGP is marketed as quite a soft case it is still quite firm. Its quite a soft touch and flexible off the phone but is standing up day to day

#17 Travis Greer

Travis Greer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Has anyone tried this phone case?
Link: http://amzn.com/B00K0D4TPY
Please advise
$23 dollars to good to be true?

#18 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

Just bought a MagPul for my iPhone 6, will let everyone know how it is!

#19 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:39 PM

I use the Lifeproof and find it very good. Keeps my phone looking like new and free from dents and scratches. Also keeps it free from water damage. My phone spent about 20 minutes at the bottom of a hot tub and came out dry as a bone. What more need I say?

#20 Shaun D

Shaun D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

I was using the lifeproof, but i started to find that the plastic started to bulge out above the "hang up" button which left a lot of people with very long voicemail's which normally ended with variations of "hang up you stupid thing" though normally a lot less fit for pleasant company.

Im now using the Magpul and while im impressed with the feel of the case i do think the headphone port could be a little bigger as im unable to fit more auxiliary leads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users