19 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

I saw a Crossbreed western belt but I haven't seen too many that can be worn with dress pants and jeans. Any suggestions?

#2 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

I also saw some by Magpul as well. Not really concerned about cost as long as it's reasonable.

#3 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:46 PM

This is the belt I have from Crossbreed -  http://www.crossbree...lt/Default.aspx , it's more dressy than their western one and works find for me.

#4 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

5.11 gun belts are pretty solid, full grain leather and it's capable of dressing up in dress clothes
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#5 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

Thanks. I will take a look. Please keep the suggestions coming.

#6 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:58 AM

Bullhide Belts. American made up in Ohio and Indiana. They have basic leather, steel core, SuperBio (A kind of near indestructible synthetic) and many other types. Not the cheapest belts, but some of the highest quality and best value I have seen out there. Perfect for concealed carry in my opinion.

#7 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Bullhide seems to have a huge selection versus 511. Will take a look at Crossbreed.

#8 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Bullhide seems to have a huge selection versus 511. Will take a look at Crossbreed.

A good gun belt is the difference between comfort, and absolute misery.

• Dave and Nathaniel P like this

#9 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Another source you might try is a local leather worker. I meet one at a gun show, liked his work and had him make a belt for me. I like buying local and having a lot of input over the end result. There's a lot of well made CCW belts out there. 

#10 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

Ken Null makes the best gun belt out there IMHO.

#11 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

I have a Carhartt belt that works really well.  Regardless of manufacturer, the important thing to look for in a gun belt is this: if you squeeze it, it shouldn't roll up or even bend significantly - if it does, it won't support the weight of the gun, which you don't want.  Also, I've found that one-piece leather belts last longer than belts with a softer leather extension with the buckle holes sewn on.

#12 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

A Carhart belt is good to keep your pants up, but fails miserably when compared to a proper gun belt. The leather is far stiffer and stronger, and some are even cross grained layers to bend only around the waist, but not sag under the weight of a firearm. I have a 1-3/4" Galco belt I have been carrying a full steel 1911on for at least 10 years, and it still looks like a new belt. One thing with a gun belt, NEVER oil the leather. I buff mine with a touch or leather cream and call it good.

#13 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

A Carhart belt is good to keep your pants up, but fails miserably when compared to a proper gun belt. The leather is far stiffer and stronger, and some are even cross grained layers to bend only around the waist, but not sag under the weight of a firearm. I have a 1-3/4" Galco belt I have been carrying a full steel 1911on for at least 10 years, and it still looks like a new belt. One thing with a gun belt, NEVER oil the leather. I buff mine with a touch or leather cream and call it good.

Oh, trust me, the Carhart belt is fine for supporting my Sig IWB.  That's my point - it doesn't have to be a 'gun belt'... it just has to be a sturdy belt that the weight of the loaded gun and holster doesn't crush.  Most belts out there that are marketed as 'gun belts' are overkill and over-expensive, unless you're carrying something that weighs 40+ ounces (like your 1911).  My 938 weighs 21.9 ounces including a full mag and the Crossbreed Mini-tuck.

#14 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

WrightLeatherWorks.com

#15 JD

JD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Look at the Ares gear enhanced Aegis belt.

#16 MCH

MCH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

1) SOE Low Profile EDC belt

2) The Beltman

3) Wilderness 5 Stitch with internal stiffener

#17 RabbiVJ

RabbiVJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

I use a either a Daltech Force Bio-Belt or a Wilderness tactical Frequent flyer belt.

#18 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:06 PM

I have a leather Hanks Belt and a nylon Browncoat Tactical belt. Both are extremely sturdy and superb quality.

#19 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Milt Sparks for leather, Wilderness Products for nylon.

#20 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

In case anyone else clicks this looking for ideas, check out kore essentials belts. Love mine. If you looking for something more tactical, can’t beat SOE belts, another awesome belt that’s still going strong for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users