Stealthgear IWB Regular or Mini

23 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

I have an Onyx ... they work well on athletic body type.

---I just ordered a mini ... 20 days to go for delivery :)

We're close in build...  I"m 6'1''  /  205  /  34 in waist... (and like you said, athletic)...  I was debating big time over which StealthGear model to buy.

--I just sent my mini back for an Onyx.  I'd love to know your thoughts on how the mini feels comparatively. 

#22 KmaNick

KmaNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

We're close in build...  I"m 6'1''  /  205  /  34 in waist... (and like you said, athletic)...  I was debating big time over which StealthGear model to buy.

--I just sent my mini back for an Onyx.  I'd love to know your thoughts on how the mini feels comparatively. 

I'll let you know. I am really quite happy with the Onyx and the Flex, I figured I'd just try something new,

#23 KmaNick

KmaNick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

got the mini, delivered in 21 days. So far I really like it , it carries just as comfortably with the 9C as the shield does with the Onyx.

I'm going to wear it for a week or so and see how it goes. 

I've really taken to the Flex, so I may send this back for one of those, just because I am really starting to like

OWB better than IWB and my Shield IWB in the Onyx covers that.

Seeing we have a lot of months here in New England where I can wear more clothing, a good OWB holster

works just as well as IWB for 7-8 months out of the year.

I'll check back in another week or so. :)

comparison pic. The mini has a bit more of a forward cant on it, that really helps

IMG_1698%203_zpsocbxasql.jpg

#24 Cameron LeVack

Cameron LeVack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

@kmanick How have you liked the mini? Saw that one comment about the mini possibly distributing weight on a smaller area causing discomfort, wondering if you found any truth in that or if you think the mini is as comfortable as the standard. Also wondering if it "feels" like the mini takes up less room, i.e. do you feel like you can wear better fitting pants with the mini compared to the standard or no noticeable difference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users