14 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

Gentlemen. 

At the moment I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and soon I will change to another one. But which one? 

Here are some requirements I have: 

- Sturdy. I do not wish it to break when I am hiking and stuff.

- Not to large. 

- Not an iPhone

#2 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:17 PM

Galaxy S5 or S6 maybe?  Those are some pretty vague requirements so it's kind of hard to recommend something.   

#3 David E

David E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

LG Flex 2 is supposed to have a almost unbreakable screen.  Droid Turbo 2, Kyocera Brigadier, or check this link...

http://www.reviewgis...ed-mobile-phone

Hope this helps, Dave

• piercedtiger likes this

#4 Zoeyelijah

Zoeyelijah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

you should buy  HTC One A9 Android 6.0 Marshmallow

#5 keystosuccess

keystosuccess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

you're just going to have to get a good case for a sturdy phone; any smartphone can break from a fall no matter what they say.

• Scott Johnson likes this

#6 Bayla

Bayla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

I d say galaxy S7 or S7 edge( 5.5 but it is very good to hold and if you look it up it is the smallest 5.5 phone so far!)  :) You will be happy with this smartphone if the price is not too hight for you :)

#7 kevinllambert

kevinllambert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:18 AM

I am planning to buy HTC for my cousin. But when I asked one of my friend about it, he told me that it has so much problem. Is it right ?

#8 Akuma

Akuma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

I am using the sony z2, the quality of this series is good, i have been using it over 2 years, it still works good, though it will be overheat while i am using the camera or  vedio shooting, the size of these are 5.2 inch, now they have update to the z5, so i am suggest you to have a look the sony z4 or 3

#9 James

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Galaxy S7 in a Defender or Ballistic case. GS7 is IP 68 rated for water resistance and dust intrusion.

#10 Paul

Paul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:59 PM

I guess HTC would be a good option, considering that you would be going for hiking and all.

#11 Wolfhunter

Wolfhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:15 AM

I know CAT has done some durable Android-phones. Maybe those can be something for you?

Check them out at their site.

-- Wolfhunter

Security is not an option, it's a way of life...

#12 piercedtiger

piercedtiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

I have a Droid Turbo 2 myself in a Defender case. My wife has a Life Proof case for her Maxx 2, but she hates how the power button on the case shifts and doesn't always push the power button on the phone. She can't always unlock the screen to use it without fumbling with it, and the case really kills the volume on her speaker.

The thing I love about the Turbo 2 (and the Maxx 2) is turbo charging. The 25w charger takes it from about 20% to 80% in about 15 minutes when I'm running low and don't have a lot of time to charge. (I don't understand why my wife is always running low! She must not take 5-10 minutes here and there to top off during the day while Pokemoning......  :rolleyes:  )

#13 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

I have the Galaxy S5 and love it- snappy, small(ish) and reliable. Also water and dust resistant, but you could go for the Galaxy S5 Active for added toughness.

#14 C RHODES

C RHODES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationALBUQUERQUE, NM

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has been a awesome phone for me. No problems with yet and had it over a year, The camera is great and you can upload live feed if you want for all you You Tuber's out there. I'm going to upgrade to the Note 7 only because I want the removable SD card and Battery, but other than that this phone is freaking awesome.   

#15 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

I'm still using my S4 and have no plans to buy another any time soon. I switched out the battery to a larger capacity one and rooted the phone the first week I got it. On my 4th ROM now. 

Sorry I can't help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users