Phones Tablets

8 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Helming

Brian Helming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

I am a lover of online music streams and radio, like pandora. The most frustrating part though is that I can't ever seem to be able to customize the music I want it to play. I select a band or genre and it starts out usually good but it always starts playing crap and I dislike the song but then it just keeps playing more crap over and over again. The other part is if I want to listen to a specific band or group of bands. If i select pentatonix radio it starts with one of their songs but then its the last song from them i hear in an hour. Anyone know of some great apps for playing music without the annoyance and expense of purchasing a vast iTunes library for every mood?

#2 whosaidjazz

whosaidjazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

Not to state the obvious but, Spotify?

#3 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

you'll have to pay something for that feature, either youtube red, spotify pay to play, google music ect.  Even apple music you can now pay to stream. 

#4 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

To listen to the same artist, across multiple songs you will have to pay something.  I'm unaware of any streaming app that has a license to let the the app play, from their library, more than one song per artist.  

Sometimes I've heard the same artist in an hour on both spotify and pandora, on stations I've heavily customized.  Of course on Spotify they get around this by letting you build a playlist and putting in ads ever 2-3 songs.. But I've gone thru whole catalogs of the same artist with a couple ads ever 2 or 3 songs..

If I paid the 10 bucks I get to do away with the ads.. but that's it.

If you have some library and upload it to like Google Music, and I think apple music as well, you can build a decent playlist of a particular artist. Google music will pull from my library for it's personalized streaming playlists so, there is that as well.

#5 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

I've used spotify for the last couple years and love it.

#6 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

I'm pretty sure Songza might be an option

#7 James DeAngelis

James DeAngelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

They have a youtube to mp3 converter I use. All you do is take the youtube link and past it into the  page and hit convert. It downloads the mp3 so I can put it on my phone to listen while I am in the gym.. I forget the name of it but I am sure you can google it

#8 piercedtiger

piercedtiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

I use subsonic.org to stream mp3s from my home computer to my phone. Saves having to download what I want to listen to before leaving the house. The app and streaming is free, there's just a 1 time $20 "pro" licensing fee to unlock the streaming. Can setup multiple users too so if you have a spouse, kids, friends, etc you want to give access to. Can also tweak the upload speeds to keep from eating up all your home internet upload bandwidth, reduce data used by the phone, and help prevent buffering. The songs are downloaded to the phone for local playback when you select and build a playlist on the phone. So unlike some of the other options it'll work without 4G or wifi once you download the songs (or play them the firs time). Can even select "use offline" in the app and it won't try to connect to the server.

#9 Dan Garbowitz

Dan Garbowitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:20 PM

I use Spotify, and I actually pay for the premium service.  It is nice to be able to have the music you want offline as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phones, Tablets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users